Aug 17, 2015

Gone

Gone by Lisa McMann is the final book in the trilogy. This one strayed a bit from the previous two books and though I enjoyed it I'm struggling to decide just how much I liked the conclusion.


Things should be great for Janie—she has graduated from high school and is spending her summer with Cabel, the guy she’s totally in love with. But deep down she’s panicking about how she’s going to survive her future when getting sucked into other people’s dreams is really starting to take its toll.

Things get even more complicated when she meets her father for the very first time—and he’s in a coma. As Janie uncovers his secret past, she begins to realize that the choice thought she had has more dire consequences than she ever imagined.


Gone is the final book in this trilogy. I didn't expect this book to play out the way that it did. It was good, but because it strayed from the detective gotta get the bad guy storyline it kind of felt like a completely different story. Don't get me wrong I liked this book but I felt like the straying from the original formula made the book a tad bit boring. With the first two books I had to keep reading but with this one I got bored toward the end, it kept losing my attention. It was to repetitive, Janie going back and forth about what she plans to do. Which of course I get because this is the last book but I wish we had had one last bust with Janie and Cabe running the show.

Janie is a great character who is seriously down in the dumps in this final book. She's always kind of been snarky about things but this time she is borderline depressed about it all. Which is totally understandable because of what she's dealing with but because it was constantly about deciding whether to stay or go into isolation her attitude got frustrating.

There was less Cabe in Gone than the previous two books. I really started to like Cabe in the second book and to have him not as present in this one made me sad because I felt like I had just started to understand him as a character.

I realize it sounds like I didn't really enjoy this book. I did like this one but considerably less than the first two. Lisa McMann did a good job of wrapping up Janie's story despite having a lot of repetitiveness within this book.

Gone is getting 3 out of 5 birds from me. I would recommend these books to anyone because it really is a good trilogy. I personally just felt a tad bit disappointed with the final book. I've heard many others who adored it so it's all on preference.





No comments:

Post a Comment