Aug 12, 2015

Fade

Fade steps it up in the sequel to Wake. The lack of connection I felt for the characters makes up for it with this book. Not only did I feel connected to them but I no longer felt so indifferent about what happens to them.


 For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....



If you think Janie's life has improved since the last time you read about her...well it hasn't and it has. She has Cabel in her life and that is a good thing, but the dreams are constant and she's sucked into someone's nightmare that causes a twisted secret to come out about some of the faculty working in the high school. 

Janie knows how to take care of herself. She's been doing it forever. I like that she doesn't depend on anyone but herself, but she allows herself to accept help from Cabel. She's learning to accept the help and I loved getting to read about two characters who are both so messed up learn to really love another person. 

I felt indifferent towards Cabel in Wake. This book I felt different. I really started to like him and the way he treated Janie. They support each other in ways neither is really used to. Cabel is really attentive to Janie, just really sweet all around. I'm really curious how he is going to grow in the final book in the series. 

We learn some new things about Janie's dream walking. Some of it is good but a lot of it is life altering for Janie. There are hints about how the dreams are affecting Janie but like Janie it's easy to brush it off until you realize it's really serious. 

Fade I read quicker than Wake and I read Wake pretty quick. This book moves fast and I really enjoyed the plot presented in Fade. It's twisted and sad but it keeps you on your toes. Fade is getting 5 out of 5 birds from me! I loved this book and can't wait to read Gone. I'm curious how it's all going to wrap up for Janie because the way this book ended wasn't very cherry. This is such a good series and I would recommend it to everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment