Mar 19, 2015

Homecoming

Homecoming is the final book in The 100 series. I was really excited to read this one but I found that I wasn't as invested in the story as I was with the two previous books.


 Weeks after landing on Earth, the Hundred have managed to create a sense of order amidst their wild, chaotic surroundings. But their delicate balance comes crashing down with the arrival of new dropships from space.

These new arrivals are the lucky ones - back on the Colony, the oxygen is almost gone - but after making it safely to Earth, GLASS's luck seems to be running out. CLARKE leads a rescue party to the crash site, ready to treat the wounded, but she can't stop thinking about her parents who may still be alive. Meanwhile, WELLS struggles to maintain his authority despite the presence of the Vice Chancellor and his armed guards, and BELLAMY must decide whether to face or flee the crimes he thought he'd left behind.

It's time for the Hundred to come together and fight for the freedom they've found on Earth, or risk losing everything - and everyone - they love.


The dynamic that has been settled in The 100's camp is shifting, quickly. Everyone faces challenges that boils down to living or dying at the hand of an enemy.

There was a lot about this book that caught me off guard. Some of it was expected as far as the progression of the plot. But when it came to Well's and Sasha...that took me off guard. A part of me thinks it was unnecessary yet I completely understand why Kass Morgan took that direction with these two characters. It was important for the character development but it still makes me wish things cold have gone different. I loved Wells by the end of this series and to be honest he became one of my favorites. His development as a character was one of the best in this series.

I lost my connection to Glass and Luke in the second book. It didn't come back in Homecoming. I was really hoping it would because I enjoyed their story in the beginning. It wasn't even that I stopped enjoying it, but I lost that spark of wanting to go back to Glass's point of view to know what was happening. I also feel like Luke just didn't get enough dialogue in this book.

Bellamy and Clarke are the power couple of this series. Their personalities mesh so well together, they make each other better. It really shines in this book as you see Bellamy make tough decisions. I don't think he would have been so kind had Clarke not been in his life. She makes him a little more level headed while he makes Clarke a little more easy going in certain aspects. I love these two characters as their own and together.

Part of my problem with this final book I think had to do with the fact I watch the show. Season Two had just come to a close and it was so intense that when this book came to a close I felt it fell a little flat. It wasn't that it was dull, but the show kept filling my mind and I couldn't get past that. Because of this I feel like I should have held off reading this final book until I had some time to not have the show still so fresh in my mind.

Though I had mixed feelings about this finale book I did enjoy it. I wish things hadn't been so rushed at the end, but overall I enjoyed the story. I am giving Homecoming 3.5 out of 5 birds! I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys a good story told in the future. I would also recommend people watch the show because both hold something that is really interesting and you get invested in both stories. Because though the show is based on the books it is very different.



1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one yet. I enjoyed the first two books, but I have to admit, the show holds my attention better. I feel like I should hold off on reading this one for awhile, because the show is still fresh in my mind. The show is definitely different than the book, but I agree that both have different aspects that I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete