May 10, 2014

Vampire Academy Movie Review

Yesterday I finally got to see Vampire Academy. This movie is based upon books that I adore. Books that are written by my all time favorite author Richelle Mead. I wasn't able to go see Vampire Academy in the theater which makes me sad because I would have loved to support it. Especially since it didn't do so well. Critics were tough on the movie and not that many people went and saw it from what I heard. Which is a shame because I personally really loved this movie. And I don't normally finish a movie adaption with no complaints. For once, though that has happened.


Let me start off by saying that Zoey Deutch is Rose Hathaway. She rocked this role. From her body language, to her facial expressions, to the way she delivered every line she was Rose.

I was just so pleased with Zoey as Rose. And her chemistry with Danila who plays Dimitri was off the charts. They did really well with the casting for Dimitri. Sure, he isn't exactly what I saw. But hey, he's actually Russian which was so great. The accent was real people and he did a pretty damn good job.

Not only was I impressed with Danila but I was also really impressed with who they cast as Mason. And every time I saw him come on my TV I got all choked up thinking. "Oh man, that just makes what happens in the next book so much harder."

Overall the cast was really good and worked great together. Lissa and Christian we're great as well. Both scenes together and alone they did a really good job. My favorite we're probably Rose and Christian scenes because their friendship in the books is one of my favorites.

I was really happy with this movie and though some things we're changed to help better explain certain events I don't find myself annoyed. Not really. The biggest change was how they ended the movie but I can understand why they did it that way. I love the books for what they are and I love this movie for bringing some of my all time favorite characters to life. My fingers are crossed we get Frostbite because I would love to see more. Please? Screw what the critics think. They are to judgmental anyways. I know I'm not the only one who want's a sequel.

What do you guys think of the movie? Are you pleased with the adaption?

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I agree! Screw what the critics think. They can judge it all they want, doesn't stop me from appreciating how funny and great the movie was. I heard there is some news coming this month along with the DVD and, I haven't looked into it, but fingers crossed it might have something to do with Frostbite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book series, too, but it has been years since I've read them so I couldn't pick out many changes, so that wasn't an issue for me. It was a little cheesy, and a lot of the dialogue was used to explain things to the audience, but I still found it quite fun and enjoyed it!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were happy with this adaptation. I've never read the book so I didn't bother seeing the movie because let's face it, books are always better anyways ;) I hope there is enough fan interest for them to make the next movie so you're not left hanging!

    ReplyDelete