Mar 27, 2014

Game of Thrones

Sadly I have been in a reading slump for weeks now and I have barely read anything. It's bugging me to no end but I am having a really hard time getting out of the slump. And the fact that I have finally discovered Game of Thrones is not helping matters. I was not prepared for how awesome this show was going to be. I have watched all three seasons in six days and am now all caught up waiting for season four. Can you blame me though for watching it so quick? It's so good and the way they end every episode leaves you no other option than to watch the next one. This show...


I've always wanted to watch this show but never did and I'd always hear people talking about it and think "I should really start that show sometime soon." Then I saw that they had all three seasons on demand and BAM I am obsessed with this show. It's now my favorite show ever. I am so deeply invested in all of these characters and it's killing me because people keep dying.


Season Three episode 9?! I cried. I was not prepared for that and how dare they go and kill two of my favorite characters. Ugh. I won't recover from those characters dying. I just won't. Not that there aren't plenty of other characters that I'm shipping but...those two were my favorite.

Watching this show makes me really curious how good the books are. And of course the books are always better. My only concern is I've always had a hard time getting into Fantasy novels. But I really want to read these books. Has anyone read them? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments! If you haven't read the books are you watching the show? What are your thoughts on it? I am totally addicted.



4 comments:

  1. I love discovering a new show and binge watching entire seasons like that =) I think you become more emotionally invested that way than watching a show once a week for months. Of course I've heard all about this series but I don't intend to ever watch or read the books. Too much blood, gore, and death for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The books are just as good as the show - and they did a freaking BRILLIANT job with the show so far. Season 4 is going to be EPIC!!! I can't wait. I'm only on the 4th book, but I highly recommend reading the books. And...the red wedding...I bawled. My chest hurt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love binge watching shows! I watched the first episode of Game of Thrones when it first started, but didn't get too intruiged by it. Maybe now that it's a few seasons in I might be more into it. I guess I should really give it another chance since everyone is SO obsessed with it. I'm really curious about the books too, but haven't read much fantasy that wasn't YA, so I'm not really sure about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely read the GoT books, Bails! Maybe they will get you out of the slump!

    Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

    ReplyDelete