Mar 20, 2014

Don't Even Think About It Blog Tour

Today I'm participating in the blog promotion of Sarah Mylnowski's new book Don't Even Think About It. I am really excited to write up this post because it is such a fun and unique way to promote this equally interesting book about a bunch of teenagers in a homeroom who get a flu shot and develop ESP.




Contemporary teen fiction with romance, secrets, scandals, and ESP from the author of Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have).

We weren't always like this. We used to be average New York City high school sophomores. Until our homeroom went for flu shots. We were prepared for some side effects. Maybe a headache. Maybe a sore arm. We definitely didn't expect to get telepathic powers. But suddenly we could hear what everyone was thinking. Our friends. Our parents. Our crushes. Now we all know that Tess is in love with her best friend, Teddy. That Mackenzie cheated on Cooper. That, um, Nurse Carmichael used to be a stripper.

Since we've kept our freakish skill a secret, we can sit next to the class brainiac and ace our tests. We can dump our boyfriends right before they dump us. We know what our friends really think of our jeans, our breath, our new bangs. We always know what's coming. Some of us will thrive. Some of us will crack. None of us will ever be the same. So stop obsessing about your ex. We're always listening.



What would I do if I had ESP?


I'm sure most of us have wondered what we would do if we suddenly woke up one morning with the ability to hear other people's thoughts. Most likely we'd wake up wide eyed an confused.



I know I have wondered what it would be like especially after reading a book that has a story line like Don't Even Think About It. Who wouldn't want to hear other peoples thoughts? That would be so cool right? Or it could be a total crazy horrible super power of all super powers and then you're left wishing you could fly.


Being able to hear other peoples thoughts is not something I would ever want. Just. No. Would anyone really want that ability? Just the thought of it makes me nervous. As much as I am curious what people think I don't want to know. Not really. I'd much rather stay in blissful ignorance and let people keep their thoughts to themselves.


But if I did have ESP I would totally want to know what my pets were thinking. I mean who doesn't wonder what their pets are thinking? I am always wondering about what could possibly be going on in my cats brains or my horses. Like what is so spooky about that frog on the side of the road Fury? It's a frog.  You are a horse. Of course the way they think is different which is why I'm so curious what goes on in his head.

Most people would probably use this ability to find out if their crush likes them. Or use it for something not so cheesy and much more interesting. But I am a cheesy person who wonders way to much what goes on inside of my pets brains. If you had ESP what would you do with the ability? Would you want to hear other peoples thoughts or like me would you rather not? Let me know in the comments below! :)













3 comments:

  1. I feel like having ESP would be cool for exactly 5 minutes and then I'd be horrified and want it to go away. I'm jealous you have horses! That's awesome. I remember wishing I could read minds after I gave presentations in school to see if people could tell I was as nervous as I felt, LoL. Kinda silly but that's the only time I can remember wanting to read peoples thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I'd want to know what was going on in my pets brains too! I'd only want that ability though. I don't think I'd want to know what people were thinking. I don't know if it would make me utterly miserable to hear what people were thinking about me, or not thinking about me, or if it would make me hate humanity because of all the selfish things most people probably think. That's how super villains are made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of being able to hear the thoughts of the people around me but in reality I am sure it would suck! But, being able to know what your pet is thinking (or feeling) would be excellent!

    ReplyDelete