Jan 10, 2014

Why Just Why

Alright. This is not the type of post I had intentions of posting this morning. I was all ready to write up a review last night for The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong. I even started the review and had no idea until I previewed the post my email and blog had been hacked. No one wants to see a trashy Photoshopped picture of two of my least favorite actresses with some random girl in the middle. NO ONE.


This is literally one of my worst nightmares. I've had dreams where my blog was hacked and I was totally devastated. You put all this time and effort and love into this blog and seeing it get messed up is not something any of us bloggers want to find. We just don't. It's like taking someone's piece of art work and deciding to doodle on it. You just don't do something like that. It's not nice and you have no idea how much work could have gone into that drawing. It's the same with blogging. Maybe it seems like some simple thing but it's not. It's like that drawing it takes time.

I'm hoping that I got my blog set to private before anyone actually saw what the hacker put on my blog. I don't know if I did but I hope so. And if I didn't I am truly sorry if it offend anyone. I know it bothered me. But my mom and I searched and searched throughout the whole design and layout and hopefully took down all the things that shouldn't have been put there in the first place. It messed the design up a bit. Where my tree's used to be at every top post is now gone and it's just some random line hanging out there. That is bugging me. I loved those trees! But I can't complain because it could have been a lot worse. I'm just thankful I still have a blog.

I'm not going to let this stop me from posting. I'm going to go back to what I was doing and I'll be posting my review for The Reckoning tomorrow. Thanks guys for understanding!






2 comments:

  1. So sorry that happened to you! Very scary stuff. But I'm glad that you got your blog back to almost the way it was. Hopefully you'll be able to sort out the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked your Google account activity? It'll give you more information about where they had logged in from. I had the same issue through the week, and I stared hyperventilating thinking I'd been hacked. I had random images in place of where my images were, but I quickly realised it was the imaging hosting at Tinypic. They had deleted my images I uploaded there by mistake, so someone else was able to obtain that URL when they uploaded their image.

    You might be able to view your blog at http://archive.org/web/ and grab your little trees again and upload them yourself. Glad there wasn't too much damage, I certainly would have freaked out too.

    ReplyDelete