Jan 30, 2014

Random Ramblings

So. It's been a while since I've really rambled and since yesterday a really awesome movie trailer for a really amazing book was released yesterday I have to ramble. I have to ramble and I have to use a lot of GIFS because well...otherwise I'm just gonna combust from all the feels. I'm sure most everyone knows what trailer was released yesterday...but those of you who don't it was for The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I finally read this book at the end of last year and adored it. I never reviewed it though because it was one of those books that I couldn't gather any coherent thoughts to really review it. It would have been a lot like this...


But there also would have been a lot of this....


Most of all there would have been a lot of this....


Basically my review would have been a mess and would have been terrible because The Fault In Our Stars was just one of those books. One that you can't put into words. Maybe when I read it again I will be able to review that time around...but I won't make any promises. Let's just say for my first John Green book I am now a big fan.

I have been really excited about this movie. For many reasons. One of them being because who wouldn't want to see Augustus Waters on the big screen? And I am very very pleased with what I'm seeing from Ansel Elgort. He's...perfect. Second Josh Boone is directing this movie and he did an amazing job with Stuck In Love. I pretty much love him for that movie.


But I also have to admit I was a tad nervous. But hey we all get nervous when a book is being adapted because we all know it can't be exactly like the book! And sometimes that is hard to accept. I've finally gotten over it and am accepting it but for a while I was very judgey over the book adaptions. From what I am seeing though there is no reason to be nervous about this movie. We have a trailer and we get to see how amazing this movie will be I can't stop thinking about it. I'm just so excited. It looks like they are going to do this book justice.


Awesome right? It's just...AGH! It looks amazing and I wish I had more close friends who have read this book but I don't...which has led to this insanely long post. All I can say now is: Where are you June 6th? Come sooner! Okay? Okay. (Yeah I just went there.) But hey I'm an emotional mess over here because while I was sitting here typing this post I realized the voice over from Ansel in the trailer was part of his letter to Hazel. I'm going to go curl up in a corner now....


None of us are going to survive this movie. We are all going to be an emotional mess. Who else will be bringing a box--not just a little package but a box of tissues with them when they go to see this film? I know I will be. I'm already blubbering over the trailer. The movie is going to gut me.








1 comment:

  1. Yes yes yes! All of this! I'm going to be such a mess! I don't know anyone else who's read this book yet either so I'm DYING! I keep telling people they should read it but no one' so interested. But you know they'll all see the movie and be gutted right along with me in the theater. But I'll be the only smart one who knew to bring the box of tissues!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete