Jan 28, 2014

Accidents & Incidents

Accidents & Incidents by Riley Graham wasn't a book I was all that familiar with. But when I found it on Netgalley and read the summary I knew I wanted to read it. I'm glad that I got approved for this one because it was a good quick read that I enjoyed.


 Sometimes finding love means taking the scenic route ... Living with her faultfinding mother has taught Leslie not to ask for much. Just watch your step, stay on the sidelines, and take what you can get. But she wants a mom who thanks her for cleaning the kitchen instead of yelling at her for missing a spot, and a boyfriend who does more than score her a seat at the popular table-someone who actually notices her sitting there. So when Cain, the school heartbreaker, turns his Carolina blue eyes her way, Leslie can't help but be tempted, even if he's her boyfriend's best friend. Things get even more complicated when Leslie strikes up unlikely friendships with Meredith, Cain's girlfriend, and Dennis, a boy addicted to cigarettes and solitude. Despite his tough exterior, Dennis seems to understand Leslie in a way that no one ever has, and to need her as much as she needs him. For the first time in her life, Leslie feels like she could belong. She's just not sure where.



Leslie doesn't have it the easiest. Her mom is always putting everything she does down and her boyfriend is suddenly treating her like crap. Not to mention the fact the hottest guy in school keeps flirting with her despite the fact her best friend is his girlfriend. 

At first I wasn't really happy with Leslie. She was making stupid decisions like sticking with her boyfriend despite how crappy he was treating her. And the fact she allowed and even flirted back with Cain annoyed me to no end. But then Leslie came to and she realized Cain was nothing but a flirt and her boyfriend was an ass. She started to become a character who took care of herself and didn't really on others. She started to be the good friend that Meredith was to her. She became a character I really liked by the end of the book.

Dennis I liked from the start. He was different and I was curious about him. There's just something about a red head loner that makes a girl go hmmm. At least that was how it was in my case. I just really adored Dennis. And like with Leslie I grew to love him more and more throughout the whole book.

The more Dennis and Leslie got to know one another the more I loved both these characters. Together they made each other better. Dennis made Leslie a better person and Leslie opened up Dennis and helped him through what he's been struggling with. I really loved their dynamic. It was very sweet.  And I feel that without each other they would have never improved their lives the way they did.

Cain was such an infuriating character. Sure I could see why Leslie fell for his charms but the whole time all I could think was how he was a two timing jerk. He was such a flirt. But I liked how Riley Graham gave insight into why he acted the way he acted. You can't help but feel bad for him the teeniest bit. But at the time it doesn't excuse what he does.

Riley Graham's writing hooked me from the start and I really enjoyed her storytelling but I wish the book would have been longer. It ended right as things got real good. Though I can say it was a satisfying ending. I personally just wish there would have been a bit more.

Accidents & Incidents was a quick contemporary read that I enjoyed and it's getting 3.5 out of 5 birds from me. If you're looking for a real easy quick read this book is for you. I'll definitely read more from this author in the future.


~~Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this book!~~

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. I've never heard of this one before but it sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete