Jul 3, 2013

Random Ramblings

Recently I've been thinking about something involving blog tours. I've always wondered why reviews lower than 2 stars can't be posted with the tour and it wasn't until the other day it finally really bothered me. I haven't come across one blog tour that didn't want you to contact them asap if you didn't like the book so you could change your post to something other than a review. 

But...isn't the point of blogging is to be totally honest about books? I feel it's unrealistic that a book will get all praise and no dislike. The point of blogging to me is to share my thoughts on a book honestly and for people to read that and give them some perspective into a book. It's good to have both the good and the bad.

I never read a review and think "Well since this blogger didn't like it I won't read it." For me it's just learning what someone else liked or disliked. I never let a review be my final decision on why or why not I won't read a book. It's just nice to know what someone else liked or didn't like so I can compare or discuss with that blogger what we both liked or didn't like. And I think because of this I feel like it shouldn't matter if you give the book 5 or 2 stars. The point is to share your thoughts on the book. So why not allow the review to still be posted?

Am I the only one that feels like this? I mean I understand why someone wouldn't want a lower rating review to be promoted like they would the raving reviews but just because a review isn't all praise doesn't mean it will be degrading or completely bad. There are plenty of bloggers who write really tastefully lower reviews and they allow me to understand why they didn't like something about a book and often times it isn't just all bad being stated. They also state what they did like as well.

I don't know. I can't decide if I'm getting this across the way I want or not. I often ramble endlessly when I really get thinking about something. But let me end it with this...What do YOU think about reviews not being posted for blog tours because of a lower rating? Do you agree with it? Or have you never really thought about it? Let me know in the comments! I'm really curious what other people think about it.


1 comment:

  1. I think they want only positive publishing for the book tours, since the point of the tour is to get to book noticed and they are paying for the tour. I have always been told to still post the review but after the tour is over. I don't like the rule either, but I think that is the reason.

    ReplyDelete