Jun 20, 2013

Boundless

Ever since reading Unearthly by Cynthia Hand I was hooked. There was no way not to become hooked to the story and characters she created. There was something really bittersweet knowing that Boundless would be the final book in the series. It took me a while to even try and start Boundless because I wasn't ready to let go of all of the characters. I'm glad I finally read Boundless because Cynthia Hand did an amazing job wrapping up Clara's story.

Summary from Goodreads:

 The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.



I don't even know where to begin to start this review. But I'm gonna start it out differently than most of my reviews. I'm going to talk about the ending before anything else. Boundless was the type of book that I desperately didn't want to end but when it did end it was perfect. I couldn't imagine a better ending for Clara and the gang. I got really choked up by how it ended to be honest. I wanted to just clutch the book to my chest it was so perfect. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I applaud Cynthia Hand for being able to create such an amazing series that not once went flat. It was bright and vibrant through out the three books and ended sweetly.

Clara Gardner. I'm gonna miss reading about her. She's one of those characters that is always growing and changing. She's still the same lovable character from Unearthly but she's stronger, braver, more caring and just all around better. Though she's an amazing character she isn't perfect she has her flaws and I love that Cynthia Hand didn't make Clara perfect.

I've been Team Tucker from the moment that cowboy graced the pages in Unearthly. And I'm still Team Tucker because of a lot of reasons I will discuss but I won't lie and say that I didn't finally understand why some were Team Christian. I get it now. Sort of. Christan is a great character and the way him and Clara interact is sweet and even down right funny. He definitely can be a charmer and he's sweet and caring. Boundless finally made me like Christian a bit more but he still isn't my favorite character in this series.

Tucker on the other hand can take me fishing any time he wants. There's something really great about this character Cynthia created that has had me adoring him from the first book. He's sweet, caring, protective, brave, and not to mention a smart ass when he wants to be one. There's just something about Tucker and out of all the amazing YA boys I'm crushing on he will always be very very high on my crush list. Tucker felt more like a man to me in this one and I really loved that. Like Clara he grew and it was the best kind of growth.
 
I never trusted Angela throughout this series. Something about her felt off to me. I wanted to trust her but just couldn't. I'm surprised how things went with her. I never expected that was the way things would go for her. Never would have guessed it. I grew to really like Angela in this book and I'm glad because she turned out to be a really fantastic character.

Boundless was from the very first page full of just the unexpected. I never knew what was coming next and I liked that. There was only one thing in this book I predicted and it involved Sam the evil dude who's been tormenting Clara since book one. Dare I say it but a part of me kind of liked him a teeny tiny bit during the first half of the book. Then I went right back to hating him by time it was over. The dude is evil but I really liked what Cynthia did with him.

I feel like if I discuss events and the storyline I will just ruin the whole book for anyone who hasn't read it. So I won't talk about them. What I will say is it was all unexpected to me but I enjoyed it. This one felt very different from the first two books but in a good way.

Boundless by Cynthia Hand is getting 5 out of 5 birds from me. I can't wait to see what Cynthia Hand comes up with next because this series was phenomenal. It's fast paced and there's never a dull moment. Anyone who has loved and read the previous books will love this conclusion to the series. I'd recommend everyone read this book or series if you haven't already! To this day this is one of the best and creatively written angel series out there.



 

1 comment:

  1. Boundless is the final book in Cynthia Hand's excellent trilogy that began with Unearthly. I've just closed the last page, and I'm already sad. These characters have worked their way into my soul and I'm hoping Ms. Hand finds a way to include them in future tales.

    Hyacinth
    Look at these Seattle Bicycle Lawyers

    ReplyDelete