May 6, 2013

Deeper We Fall Blog Tour: Review

As part of the Deeper We Fall blog tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours I will be posting my reviews for Deeper We Fall and Faster We Burn by Chelsea Cameron! You can find the full tour schedule here.


Immediately after reading Deeper We Fall I was super eager to get my hands on Faster We Burn and as I'm learning each time I read a book by Chelsea C. Cameron is that her books get better and better with each book!


Katie Hallman is done with douchebags. Done with guys who treat her like crap and leave her broken. But then Stryker Grant is there anyway. With his numerous piercings and bleached hair, he’s the polar opposite of all of her past relationships, which makes him the perfect candidate.

At first, Katie just sees him as a physical escape from her previous rocky relationship, and Stryker doesn’t seem to mind just being a distraction from Katie’s problems. But soon he’s getting under her skin, peeling back layers she’d rather keep covered. She tries to make it clear that she doesn’t want a relationship, but keeps breaking her own rules.

Then a tragedy sends Katie into the only arms who are there to catch her, and she’ll realize that she needs him more than she ever thought possible. But is she ready to let herself trust another guy with her already-battered heart? Or will she push him away to protect herself from getting hurt again?


Katie Hallman the girl obsessed with pink who found herself dating a douchebag. Douchebag leaves the picture--kind of--and she finds herself in the arms of Stryker Grant a tattooed guy with a lip ring. Not her typical type yet once she gets a taste of him she can't seem to get enough...

I was really excited about this book because in Deeper We Fall there were hints of a relationship development between Katie and Stryker. It had me so curious how things would turn out with those two and when I realized Faster We Burn was about them I was stoked and couldn't get the book in my hands fast enough!

Dare I say it but I kind of liked Katie's voice a little bit more than Lottie's and I adored Lottie in Deeper We Fall! But there was something about actually being in Katie's head that changed my perspective on her. In Deeper We Fall she seems like the prissy girl who loves pink and has those beautiful friends. Katie is far from that and I loved getting to see things from her point of view. Katie is strong and despite her obsession with pink she is anything but materialistic. She really grows in Faster We Burn! She becomes herself.

Stryker Grant you sexy beast you. I liked Stryker in Deeper We Fall but my brain was all Zan so I didn't see him for what he was. But dang does he prove to be hotter than Zan in Faster We Burn. Just like Katie his full potential came through in this book. I loved that he got to be the star this time around because he deserved it! He's a bit broken but he's so strong at the same time. I hate to say it but Stryker quickly knocked Zan down to spot number three of amazing hunks Chelsea Cameron created. (Sorry Stryker! I thought you'd beat out Hunter...but Hunter will always be number one! ;)

One thing I loved about this book was getting to see all the characters I loved from a different perspective. And of course the fact that Lottie, Zan, Will and Trish and the whole gang was still around made me love this book ten times more! I love the gang and their picnic game. 

I swear that Chelsea Cameron's writing gets better and better with each book. And I've already declared her the queen of creating hunks! It's so true. Each love interest gets better with each book. But as stated before Hunter will always be my number one Chelsea Cameron hunk...until I read her next book of course. We shall see who remains on top. ;)

I adored this book to pieces and Faster We Burn is getting 4 out of 5 birds from me. I did feel like the ending dragged a bit which is why it's getting 4 instead of 5 birds. I can't figure out why I felt this way but I did. It wasn't that the ending was terrible because by far it wasn't! It's just I felt like maybe things could have got wrapped up a bit sooner? I'm honestly not sure why I feel this way. But aside from this little thing I adored this book and eagerly am awaiting a new book from Chelsea! People if you haven't read a book by the queen of creating hunks what are you waiting for? Read 'em! You'll love them all. Trust me!






~~Thanks to Chelsea and Xpresso Book Tours for providing me with an ARC of this book!~~





No comments:

Post a Comment