May 6, 2013

Deeper We Fall Blog Tour: Review

As part of the Deeper We Fall blog tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours I will be posting my reviews for Deeper We Fall and Faster We Burn by Chelsea Cameron! You can find the full tour schedule here.


I had read and adored My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron. That book alone had me hooked on her writing. I always knew after I would love her work but I didn't realize just how much I would love it. Deeper We Fall was such a good book and I loved it!

Summary from Goodreads:

Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.

Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.

Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face.

Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves "To Kill a Mockingbird" as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen.

The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache.


Lottie is just a normal girl but her life changes when her best friend Lexie gets in a car with Zack and Zan Parker. Nothing is ever the same since that moment. Fast forward two years and Lottie ends up finding her life colliding with the Parker brothers once again.

Chelsea Cameron has some of the best openers and this one doesn't fail to be a good one. I was hooked immediately and with each page I found I couldn't stop reading! I just needed to know how things would turn out for all of these wonderful characters--Zack excluded which I will discuss in a bit. I'd open the book up on my cell phone and read it in bed which I never do but it was just that good!

Lottie is another fantastic character created by Chelsea Cameron. She was witty, tough, and her mouth never seemed to know how to shut up. I loved Lottie so much! I instantly liked her from page one and I felt I could relate with a lot of the things that she did. She was a total book whore and I loved that! There was a particular scene in the book that really reminded of myself when Lottie was in a bookstore.

"Will just sighed heavily when he saw me staggering to the check out counter. I didn't know why he was so surprised."


Zan and Zack Parker. Brothers yet polar opposites. Where Zan is sweet, kind, loving, into books and constantly cites poetry in his head Zack is just...a douche bag with not an ounce of substance. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated Zack Parker. Probably about as much as Lottie and she really hated him. All leave it at this: Karma's a bitch Zack Parker.

Zan on the other hand I really liked. He was so sweet and tender that every time Lottie pushed him away I wanted to just yell at her! Zan was just to sweet a guy to pin blame on the way she was doing. The only thing about Zan that bugged me was how he called Lottie "pretty girl" a lot. I, for one am not a huge fan of pet names and that one is one of my least favorites. But aside from that Zan was great and smoking!

Will, Simon, Audrey, Katie, Trish, Stryker all amazing characters that graced the pages in this book. Oh man, to even start talking about all of these wonderful characters would make this review a mile long. But I must talk about Will because he almost ALMOST tops Zan. Will was the hilarious and loving twin brother to Lottie. I have always wanted an older brother and Will is pretty much the long lost brother I never got. If there was a cateragory for favorite book sibling Will would be my number one choice. Every time Will was around there was always a goofy smile on my face. The banter between him and Lottie was priceless.

Will thought about it for a second. "I've got my Jedi outfit from last year." I grabbed his arm and made him stop walking. "You are not wearing that in public. Again." He pulled his arm away. "I didn't spend all that money on a lighsaber replica just to keep it in the case."


I really loved how this book switched from Lottie's point of view to Zan's. It allowed me to understand not just Lottie's side of things but Zan's as well. It was perfect for this story's plot because of the tragedy that struck. I don't want to spoil anything but I had a feeling that was the case with this book. Zan was just too good of a person. Needless to say I loved him ten times more after certain things got revealed about the past.


Deeper We Fall is yet another hit by Chelsea Cameron. It's such a wonderful book filled with amazing characters and writing that it is so engrossing! Deeper We Fall is getting 5 out of 5 birds from me. Everyone needs to read a book by Chelsea Cameron. They just seem to be getting better and better.







~~Thanks Xpresso Book Tours and Chelsea for a copy of this book!~~




 

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Bailey! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this but your love of this book and the author has me convinced I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete