Apr 6, 2013

With All My Soul

There are some books that you just adore so much that the thought of them ending is heartbreaking! I was so sad about having the Soul Screamers series end but after reading the book I'm not as sad. Rachel Vincent ended this series perfectly.

I don't recommend reading this review if you haven't read the previous books as there will be a few spoilers from previous books in this fantastic series.

Summary from Goodreads:

What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has


With All My Soul picks up pretty much right where Before I Wake ended. Kaylee and all her friends are dealing with hellions and the Netherworld what's new? Just some obsessed hellion wanting to devour Kaylee. No biggie. Except this time around Avari is done waiting. He wants Kaylee now and he has every intention of getting her. 


This series has been one that has just gotten better and better with each book and that's always something to be happy about because sometimes that isn't the case with certain book series. It's the case with Soul Screamers that's for sure. Rachel Vincent's writing is just marvelous. The world she has created in this series is so easy to picture and I found with this last book it was even easier to picture. Once you start reading something by Rachel Vincent it's just effortless. You so easily fall into the words on the page and before you know it you're done and your mind is blown.

Kaylee Cavanaugh is just awesome. To read My Soul To Take the very first book in this series and then jump to this book she is so different. She's different in the best possible way. She went from oblivious to submerged into life changing chaos. She went from being timid and not the toughest chick in school to this outspoken and strong kick-ass character. She's grown so much and she turned out to be one of my favorite female characters. Kaylee is one of the most selfless characters out there and what she does in this book had my gut hurting! But it just made me love her even more because she wouldn't have been Kaylee if she didn't do what she did.

Tod Hudson... *sigh* I could sit here all day and pull out all my favorite things that Tod said or did in this book. But that would take a while. It would be pretty much EVERYTHING Tod did or said. Who would have thought the snarky reaper from My Soul To Take would have me head over heels? He just came out of know where and then BAM! I was all about Tod Hudson. I mean how could you not be? He's snarky, witty, inappropriate, has a twisted sense of humor, caring, loyal as hell, and just the sweetest reaper on the block. I am going to miss Tod Hudson so much.

Nash hasn't been my favorite character for a while in this series and he even started to be disliked even more then Sabine who I hated so much from the moment she appeared in this series. And the dislike for Nash isn't as strong in this book but I couldn't help but still not like him. I didn't really hate him because lets face it even with everything you can't really hate Nash Hudson. But the dude can drive you nuts. He seemed so whiny to me throughout this book and a lot of the time I just wanted to shake him and tell him to stop being such a whiny pain in the butt. Closer towards the end of the book was when I finally wanted to just pat him on the back and be like "Now you see, took you long enough dude." All things considered Nash isn't such a bad guy.

Sabine of all characters is the one that has surprised me the most. When...when did I start to like her? As with Tod she kind of just sneaks up and you and one minute you hate her with a fiery passion and then next your laughing at all the stuff she says and you panic when you think something bad is gonna happen to her. Sabine, Sabine, Sabine you sneaky little mara. Sabine is still Sabine in this book but she's a better version--something I never thought I would think but it's true. I really love this snarky nightmare.

I could keep talking about all the wonderful characters in this series but I'm gonna stop because this review will end up longer than it probably ever should be but there is one more I need to discuss. Ira. I have mixed feelings about this hellion because one I didn't hate the dude when I probably should have and two he just came out of no where! Ira is a bad dude, he's a hellion of wrath! But even so each time he popped up I couldn't find myself to really hate him. Is that wrong? Yep. But do I still kind of like this hellion of wrath? Yep. Gotta love the bad guys that you hate to love. That's all I'm gonna say.

A lot of stuff happens in this book and with each turn of the page things just got more amped up and amped up until things just erupted. The things that took place in those final chapters had me so sad for a lot of reasons. But I also was happy with those final chapters because this series was ended in the best possible way. There are no loose ends to be seen and I am so thankful for that. Despite being sad with this wonderful series being over all I get is happy when I think about the ending of this book and how wonderful and perfect it was. It's all kind of bittersweet. 

With All My Soul is a fast paced end to this series and everyone who is a fan will love this ending. It's just to perfect not to love. With All My Soul is getting 5 out of 5 birds. It was so so good and I just want to give out these books to total strangers so more and more people will fall in love with these books and the characters. Everyone read these books! I don't think anyone in there right mind could dislike them there is just too much to like!


3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet. •_• I know! I have to do that. Soon! I've wanted to read it for awhile now. I actually discovered it right after the second book (I think...) came out. It sounde interesting but I wasn't sure. Then I started hearing all about Tod and the epicness that is him and I really wanted to read it. Now that it's over I'm going to start it soon. It sounds too good and I'm really glad that you like the way it all ended!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I haven't read this series, and I know you said to not read the review if you haven't read it, but I'm a rebel. What can I say? ;)

    But ANYWAYS. Great review! :) I think I need to read this series, but I just have so many other books that I want to read! But I feel like I need to know more about this wonderful Tod ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAH I so have to read this series! I also hear how much the series gets better and better with every book and the characters ooks to have had so much growth and development which is awesome. I even have the first book sitting on my shelf collecting dust! >.< *slaps self*

    ReplyDelete