Apr 16, 2013

Imaginable

I first heard of Intangible by J. Meyers when she contacted me wondering if I would review her book. I agreed because her book sounded really interesting and I ended up loving it! Same goes to show for Imaginable the second book in this awesome series. I think I might have even loved it and the characters even more in the sequel!

Summary from Goodreads:

 Twins Sera and Luke Raine’s unusual abilities are growing. Sera is healing vampires now, making them human again. And, at times, Luke can actually change the future he Sees.

But Sera’s healing has dangerous consequences, and though Luke is altering the outcome of more visions, he can’t control them yet.

Now Sera is in danger as the dark creatures of the Realm seek to use her. As Luke struggles to master his gift in order to save his sister, he discovers even more about his powers.

And what he learns just may put him in greater danger than Sera has ever been.



It had been quite a while since I read Intangible the first book in this series by J. Meyers but it didn't take me long before everything came back to me and I was thankful for that. I don't think I would have been confused if I hadn't remembered everything but I just felt because I could remember events that took place from the first book it made my reading experience better. 

Sera and Luke. I love these twins. And I love them even more when they are together because the things they say to each other is so funny. They care so much about each other but I love how they can tease each other too. But if I had to chose who's perspective to see more of it would be Luke. There is just something about this character that I adore. And there was quite a bit of Luke perspective and I ate it up! I just love him and his humor. Even when he's under pressure and going out of his mind some of the things Luke would think would crack me up.


"He looked over at them. He probably should have been on guard, as well, as soon as the door gave way. That would have been smarter than just huffing and puffing. He breathed hard. Maybe next time."


Jonas. Man did I love him in Intangible and instantly my love for this character grew with each turn of the page. He's just amazing and I love how one second he can go from badass to so affectionate. I also really loved that he was the only one who didn't sugar coat things. Even to himself he was honest but I loved how honest he was with Sera and everyone else. It made me love him ten times more. I really really hope that things progress with him and Sera further because holy moly!! Jera anyone? See I've already made them a nickname. They are meant to be. ;)

There was an addition of newbies in this book and I really liked their role in the story. Raquel cracked me up. At first I wasn't sure if I would like her but her gift came in handy and was often amusing to me.  Honestly this book is full of so many amazing and well developed and fleshed characters. The dialogue between everyone was so smooth and natural. That was my favorite thing about this book was how natural the dialogue was. It felt real and I enjoyed that so much!

This book was pretty fast passed. It took off into the story and chaos quickly and there was never a moment of pause. I really liked how things progressed in this one because it wasn't anything I ever expected. Even to how it ends. I love it when a book takes a turn I never expected! And this one definitely did. I'm really excited to see more of the romances develop and everyone's gifts come out full throttle.

Imaginable is a perfect fast paced sequel to Intangible that I think anyone will love. The characters grow and the dialogue is so natural it makes it for a really nice read! I'm giving Imaginable 4 out of 5 birds! I really think everyone needs to check out this series because it is really good and J. Meyers writing is very captivating.





~~Thanks J. Meyers for a copy of this book!~~

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Jera! I love Jonas and I haven't read Imaginable yet, but I really want to just to see what's going on with Jonas!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete