Apr 21, 2013

Falling For Hadie

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to review Falling For Hadie. Did I know this book was gonna gut me? Nope. Did I know this book was going to be so beautiful and breathtaking? Not at all. This book was so surprising and I loved it so much. It's going to be really difficult to express just how much I adored this book.

Summary from Goodreads:

Running away from his old life in New York City, Lincoln Bracks ends up in the small town of Statlen, Iowa. He isn’t interested in making friends or getting to know anyone. He just wants to keep his head down and disappear amongst the crowd. That was the plan anyway, until he meets Hadie Swinton.

Nursing a broken heart and the realization that the boy she’s loved her entire life isn’t Prince Charming, Hadie is set against ever falling for the same type of guy again. But when new boy, Lincoln, arrives in town, she discovers that this is easier said than done.

Hadie assumes that Lincoln is a typical arrogant jock—he is good-looking, confident and charming—but when he doesn’t do anything she expects him to, she is intrigued by him against her better judgment. There is definitely more to Lincoln then just a pretty face, but Lincoln is hiding something that he doesn’t want anybody to discover because when they do, they will never look at him the same again.

Falling in love was the last thing Lincoln wanted to do, so how will he convince himself to fall out of it?


Hadie despises the boy race. Lincoln's the new kid in town determined not to make any friends. Hadie is determined to hate Lincoln but when these two realize they aren't who they seem and a friendship develops all bets are off.

Hadie is my new favorite character. There was so much about her that I could relate too. And when reading a book I feel it's important to be able to relate to one of the main characters. I definitely had that with this book! If Hadie was real we'd be BFF's. She's a total book worm who defends her favorite characters. She's sassy when she wants to be. She's totally a nerd who can act like a goof in front of a total hottie. And she isn't afraid to throw a punch when someone gets all up in her personal space. Hadie is just awesome plain and simple. I really loved watching her come out of her shell and seeing her see life differently the closer she and Lincoln became. It was just so beautiful!

Lincoln. Oh boy. I was a goner the moment his point of view appeared on the pages. Lincoln is so much more than I realized he was going to be. At first of course I was like "Hello Lincoln you witty hunk!" but as the story progressed and Lincoln grew I realized Lincoln wasn't just a guy who could be witty and was easy on the eyes. He was beautiful not just on the outside but on the inside as well. He saw life differently and didn't take it for granted. I adore this character so much and I can't do him justice at all. You have to read the book to really understand how amazing this character is.

I'm really starting to love the alternating point of view from girl and guy. I feel like it's a good balance getting to see things from both characters perspective rather than just the one. I've never been a huge fan of the male point of view but the more I read books like this one with alternating point of views especially when they are well done I find I'm really starting to adore getting to see things from the male perspective!

I should have saw it coming but I didn't realize that this book was going to do what it did to me. It gutted me the moment my concerns were confirmed. There are subtle hints about what is going on in Lincoln's life but when it's actually confirmed...you want to just to sit in a corner and cry. And you want to know why? Because these characters seemed so real and reading you grow an insane attachment to them. That's one of the things I loved about this book was how amazingly developed these characters were.

Komal Kant oh my goodness can this woman write! It's been a long time since I've gotten so invested in a book. The moment I started Falling For Hadie I was hooked. I read my morning away and then the moment I could was back at my desk reading this book. It was just so good and beautifully written that I couldn't get enough! I am a huge fan of this author just simply by reading this one book by her. The way she writes is just so beautiful and captivating that you can't help but love her work--even the books you haven't read yet! I will most definitely be reading more by Komal Kant. Consider me a new fan!

This book was full of amazing characters but there were a few who I seriously wanted to bitch slap. Just another reason I love Hadie by the way. You'll understand what I mean when you read the book and the bitch slap scene comes up. I wanted to high five her for doing that. But back to the insufferable characters. Komal Kant doesn't just create awesome characters who you adore but she sure as heck knows how to create the ones you hate with a fiery passion. I could not understand Lincoln's family and how they could treat him like that. His mother and twin sister were so self centered it drove me nuts. What bothered me the most is how Becky knowing what she knew could act the way she did. Was she that stupid that popularity was more important than her twin brother? Karma, girl. That's all I gotta say about that character.

Falling For Hadie is getting 5 out of 5 birds from me! I could go on and on about how amazing this book is but even so my words won't ever give it justice. It  boils down to having to read it to fully understand how beautiful and breathtaking this book is. It's the kind of book to make you fall in love with the Contemporary genre if you aren't all that familiar with it and it's the type of book to make you fall in love with the Contemporary genre all over again. I can't wait to read another book by this author!


~~Thanks to Komal Kant for providing me with a copy of this book!!~~







No comments:

Post a Comment