Feb 20, 2013

Breaking Waves Blog Tour: Review



Today I'll be taking part in Breaking Waves blog tour being hosted by Words, Pages, and Books! I'll be sharing my thoughts on both of the books. Make sure that you check out the full tour because not only are there other reviews but there are some other great posts like interviews and guest posts!



Summary from Goodreads:

From the moment they met, Jenna knew Reece would break her heart, but she never dreamed it would happen like this. Jenna is left shattered and broken. When life becomes too painful to deal with and she feels completely alone, there’s only one person to help her pick up the pieces and move on. The one person she doesn’t want to turn to. The one person she promised to stay away from. Tyler.

Can Jenna put aside everything she knows about him and let Tyler help heal her broken heart?


With her heart broken to pieces Jenna is determined to figure out exactly what kind of trouble Reece got himself into. The only problem is the one person who has the answers is the one person Reece warned her was trouble and not to get close to.

Breaking Waves starts off exactly where Heart Waves ended. Whoa what a way to start a book that's for sure. I cried a lot in the beginning. I was not expecting that to happen. I mean I knew their love was doomed and all but that outcome? Way to surprise me Danielle!  That being said the moment I started this book it was pretty much impossible to put down.

Jenna is still the same character from Heart Waves except that...she pretty much falls apart. I still really loved Jenna despite her being broken by certain events that took place in this book but I couldn't help but notice there wasn't really any character development with her in this one. That doesn't mean she wasn't a great character because she was I loved her but I felt she should have grown a bit more. I did really like how things ended with her though and have a feeling she's really going to grow in the next book.

Boy was I right about my prediction about Tyler. I adored Tyler. I couldn't get enough of this character. He was just so great. He was all over the place half the time but I couldn't help but root for him and crack a smile at the stuff that came out of his mouth. I don't want to give to much away about Tyler because he is such a guarded character and its best to learn about him as you read. But just know I am totally Team Tyler. 

Reece. I don't even know how to feel about him. Once Tyler came into the picture I kind of forgot about him...and I'm just so thrown by everything involving him I don't even know what to think other than: What did he do?!

This book took such a turn I wasn't expecting. The plot just keeps thickening and thickening--in a lot of ways I wasn't expecting. The way it started out was unexpected but by the ending I had a hunch that things weren't as final as they seemed at least with a certain character anyways. I just don't have a clue what is going on with Reece. It's just still such a mystery and I look forward to finding out what is going to be revealed about him.

Breaking Waves is a fantastic sequel to Heart Waves that I loved even more. I am dying for the third book in the series and can't wait to see how everything turns out for Jenna. Breaking Waves is getting 4 out of 5 birds from me. I think everyone should read this series. It's contemporary but it's got some not so contemptary things with Jenna as well which I feel is why it will appeal to so many people. Definitely check out this series! They are such good reads and the author is a very talented writer.








~~Thanks to Danielle and Words, Pages and Books for the copy of this book!~~


 


No comments:

Post a Comment