Feb 20, 2013

Breaking Waves Blog Tour: Review


Today I'll be taking part in Breaking Waves blog tour being hosted by Words, Pages, and Books! I'll be sharing my thoughts on both of the books. Make sure that you check out the full tour because not only are there other reviews but there are some other great posts like interviews and guest posts!


Summary from Goodreads:

 Jenna Kingsley has a gift. She knows things. With a simple touch she can pick up personal information from jewelry or objects. While at a neighbor’s party, a voice mesmerizes her. Jenna is momentarily frozen as a ring is placed in her hand. White electricity surges through her and a dire prediction is made. “It’s like Romeo and Juliet. You’re going to break my heart.”

From the moment they meet Jenna is enchanted and entranced with Reece Walton. She’s thrilled to learn he’s spending the summer two houses away from hers. Every moment they spend together is magical. But she can’t get the prediction out of her mind. As the summer draws to a close and secrets are revealed, can Jenna get past the fear of being left with a broken heart to live in the moment with Reece or will her fear of being hurt fulfill the prophecy?


Jenna meets Reece Walton  and instantly is consumed by thoughts of him. The only problem is she knows things will only end in heartbreak. She can sense things and their doomed relationship is one of those things she just knows will happen.


I don't particularly like it when books have an instant love. I just love it when the characters build up to it rather than instantly declaring their love. With some books the instant love works and with others it just doesn't. With Heart Waves it did work because Danielle Sibarium made it realistic. Sure Jenna and Reece fell for each other instantly but they weren't declaring their love by page seventeen. I loved that about this book because of how easy it was to love the characters and their instant connection. She didn't over due it and that was great!

Jenna is a character who's story I really enjoyed reading about. She's a girl with the ability to read energy off of objects. I liked that about this book. It was pretty much a contemporary read with a little bit of something not so normal thrown in. It all balanced out which was great for the story! Jenna was a really guarded character when it came to guys but I loved despite being guarded she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. She often blurted out her thoughts and I loved that quality about her. She was honest to herself even if the truth hurt.

Reece was a character who after finishing the book I have torn feelings about. Throughout the beginning I loved him. He totally won me over with his personality and charm. He wasn't a character who was going to give up on something he wanted. I liked that about him as well as his wits. He always had something up his sleeve. Not to mention I loved how Jenna was all he saw. She just became his whole world and him hers. I couldn't get enough of Reece but as the book drew closer to the ending I suddenly felt like I didn't really know this character. You don't learn to much about Reece he isn't one to open up easily and once certain things were revealed at the ending I was just torn. Don't get me wrong I still like him and all but those feelings from the beginning aren't as strong as they once were.

Tyler. Okay, well Tyler has me so curious! I am really hoping to learn more about Tyler and his past with Reece. I can already tell I'm going to love this character despite not really knowing much about him. He's a mystery at the moment. But one I can't wait to solve!

I was really surprised with how this book ended but it was an ending I still enjoyed. I definitely was expecting something more...tragic I suppose. I'm glad I was wrong though. Heart Waves definitely ended in a way that left me craving for me. There were so many questions! But even so something about it bothered me at the same time. I can't quite decided what it was that bothered me though. Danielle Sibarium is a fantastic writer nonetheless . You instantly get caught up in her characters and the story. I look forward to reading more work by her!


Heart Waves is pretty much a contemporary read with some spice added into it. I really enjoyed this book and once I started was easily caught up in the characters. Heart Waves is getting 3 out of 5 birds from me. I can't wait to start the second book! I would definitely recommend Heart Waves to anyone who loves a nice and easy read with fantastic writing.




~~Thanks to Danielle and Words, Pages and Books for a copy of this book!~~


1 comment:

  1. I definitely think there's a difference between insta-love and insta-connection. I don't mind if two people connect ten pages in, but if they're going to start spouting "I Love Yous" I want to have read multiple scenes where they got to know each other, experienced news things, etc. It seems like Psychometry is quite the popular supe power these days! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete