Feb 13, 2013

Author Interview: Bella Forrest

Today I have the wonderful Bella Forrest on the blog for an author interview. And in case you missed it on Monday I posted an excerpt from Bella's book A Shade of Vampire. You can find the post here! Hope you enjoy the interview! :)




Novel Nerd: When did you first know that you wanted to be an author?



Bella: When I was very young. Writing is something I've always done for enjoyment since I was a kid. I had a hyperactive imagination and felt the need to express myself through words.



Novel Nerd: Did you have any say in how your books cover turned out?




Bella: Yes, I was involved in the whole process.


Novel Nerd: Was A Shade of Vampire always called that or did you have some other titles in mind before you decided that was the one for your book?


Bella: I knew I wanted to tie the setting of the story--The Shade--in with the title. So my working titles all were quite similar to the final one.


Novel Nerd: What inspired you to create your main character Sofia and the world she lives in?


Bella: I'm not really sure how to answer this. With Sofia, I started writing a character description, and she just formed there on the page. However, there are aspects of her character that I can personally identify with.

Creating The Shade was a similar process, it was very organic and I'm not sure what the direct inspiration was. Although I've always had a love for forests and tall trees so that's where the idea for The Residences and the vampires tree houses came from.



Novel Nerd: Will A Shade of Vampire be a stand alone or will there be more books to come?


Bella:  There will be more books to come. I'm working on the sequel right now.



Novel Nerd: This or that questions! Team Damon or Team Stefan?


Bella: I have not actually read/watched The Vampire Diaries so can't comment!


Novel Nerd: The Hunger Games or Harry Potter?


Bella: Call me crazy, but I haven't read The Hunger Games yet either. It's on my TBR list! I am, however, an incurable Potterhead.


Novel Nerd: Coffee or Tea?


Bella: Depends on my mood. Right now it's coffee.



Novel Nerd: Summer or Winter?



Bella: Summer.



Thanks for stopping by today Bella! Great having you. Hope everyone enjoyed today's post. Make sure to add A Shade of Vampire to your TBR lists on Goodreads!





No comments:

Post a Comment