Jan 16, 2013

Normalish Blog Tour: Review

Today I'll be taking part in Normalish by Margaret Lesh blog tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tour. I'll be sharing an honest review for this cute book. Make sure that you check out the rest of the stops on this tour! Don't want to miss out on some other fabulous bloggers reviews!




Normalish is one of those books that makes you smile and you instantly are glad you read it. It wasn't a book I knew anything about until I came across it's blog tour sign-up. I'm really glad that I decided to fill out that sign-up forum because this book was such a cute book and I really loved it's characters and Margaret Lesh's writing.


Summary from Goodreads:

Fifteen-year-old Stacy questions the strange world of high school, love, her role in a harsh universe, and life, in Normalish.

People tell you high school's so great and wonderful, but they're lying. It's mostly horrible and full of disappointment. It sucks. Your best friend abandons you. The jerk you're in love with pretends to be into you, and then the big dump. The boy you've really clicked with as a friend decides to go all crushy over you, so you break his heart just like yours was -- smashed into little pieces. Your sister goes mental, and you get involved with a guy who’s even crazier than she is (who you know is a very bad idea, but you do it anyway). Math only adds another stink of failure to the whole thing.

High school blows. Just ask freshman Stacy. She’d want you to know.


Stacy is a fifteen year old girl struggling to understand what normal is and whether or not she fits the bill. I mean how could she possible when her sister is acting strange and her dad is dead?

The moment I started this book I was hooked. I instantly loved Stacy and her voice. She just had that voice that instantly drew me in and never let me go. She has such a great sense of humor about things and I loved her honesty not only with others but herself as well. Stacy is just a teenage girl trying to figure out life and whether normal is even real. She's one of those characters that throughout the book I just  liked more and more and her voice just stood out stronger and stronger to me.

"Joy, I hate to tell you. I've been preoccupied with boys since I was in Huggies."


This book is full of characters that you either love, hate or sympathize with.  There were four characters in particular who I really loved of them being Becca, Roman, Chad and Bobby. Each one of them are so different from each other and they all were so great because of that. Becca is Stacy's sister who ends up having a mental illness and it's very obvious that she is developing such illness. I really loved Becca and there were moments where I felt so sorry for her and moments when she'd have me laughing out loud for instance...

"Because you value my valuable advice? I don't know. If you don't want to hear it, then stop telling me things!"

Roman was another character I really enjoyed. He doesn't have much dialogue but when he's around it was just always really great. He's a pretty quite and reserved character and I think that is what I loved about him. I also really loved how he treated Stacy and stuck around despite the difficult time with Becca.

Chad and Bobby. Both so different yet both so easy to care for. Right of the bat it's apparent Chad cares for Stacy. He's the best friend who has all the qualities you want great sense of humor and all around great guy. I'm really happy with how things turned out with Chad. That's all I'm gonna say. Bobby I never expected anything that happened with Bobby. I got pretty choked up in part involving Bobby. Despite his issues you just can't help to like Bobby. He was so sweet yet so messed up.

There was so much to love about this book the characters, the setting, the writing for sure. Margaret Lesh has a way of catching your attention right off the bat and never allowing your attention to slip. I loved the voice that she gave Stacy and the way this book ended was so perfect. It made me smile that's for sure.

Though this book could be predictable at times it didn't make it any less enjoyable. Normalish was a cute and easy read that would be perfect for anyone who enjoys a good contemporary read. Rain or shine Normalish is book to be read. Normalish is getting 4 out of 5 birds from me. I certainly loved this book and look forward to more by Margaret Lesh!


~~Thanks to Xpresso Book Tour for a copy of this book!~~ 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful review, Bailey! I love it when you just connect to the main character right from the get go it usually makes a great reading expereince! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good! :) I've never heard of it before, but now I really wanna read it! I'm curious as to what Becca's mental illness is and what happens to Bobby! Great review, Bailey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I read your review for Normalish. Lately the only ones I've seen have been on the negative side. With a bunch of fun characters this book sounds like the perfect, quick and cute contemporary to fit in between the tomes. Haha. Great review! I'm glad you included quotes. They help me get a feel for the book.

    ReplyDelete