Dec 10, 2012

Remembrance

I'd been seeing many raving reviews for Remembrance and I knew that I wanted to read it someday so when the author asked if I would be willing to review her book I said yes of course! I'm glad I did to because I enjoyed this book just like I had a feeling I would.

 Summary from Goodreads:

Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.


Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated and she has no idea about this little fact until Drew Carmichael saunters into her life.

The moment I started reading Remembrance I couldn't put it down. It was just one of those books that keeps you hooked and you need to know what is going to happen next with each turn of the page. I really enjoyed this book, but did feel it fell a little flat towards the ending.

Lizzie is a great character. I instantly loved her. My only problem with Lizzie at the beginning was she was dating a jerk. Though she did always point out things Jeremy would do she never really did anything about it. She just let him keep being a jerk. That bothered me but other than that Lizzie is that great character who you instantly just love. Another thing about her I loved was how she would compare her life and certain things to Elizabeth's from Pride and Prejudiced. I really loved that and how Michelle Madow interconnected their stories a bit.

Drew Carmichael. Man the moment he enters the book he sweeps you off your feet. He's just that character. I really liked him but in the beginning I just wanted to shake him. I couldn't understand why he was being so hot and cold. I mean I figured there was an explanation for it but it was frustrating to both me and to obviously Lizzie. We do eventually find out why he's like this but still it was just one of those moments where your thinking just make up your mind already pal!

Chelsea. I just had this feeling about her that even though she was a good friend that the moment things didn't go the way she wanted them to that she'd turn on Lizzie. I just never trusted this character and I hated how she kept pushing Lizzie to do this certain thing even though it was obvious that Lizzie didn't want to. I don't know at some points I felt I could like her but there were just red flags up at the same time.

Michelle Madow's style of writing instantly captivates you. Her writing is really beautiful and the way she sets the setting and describes things is amazing. She's one of those writers who once you read something by her you'll vow to read all her other works as well because her writing is just that good.

I don't have many complaints about this book because it was a great read! But I did feel that the ending fell a little flat. I get that the story was about Drew and Lizzie and reincarnation but nothing really exciting happened at the ending. I was expecting something big to happen but nothing really did. But even so this book was still a really great read and I look forward to reading it's sequel!

Remembrance is a book with beautiful writing, fantastic characters, and a great romance that even though cheesy at times it's the good kind that makes you smile. This is definitely a contemporary read and I think anyone will enjoy this book! I know I did which is why it's getting 4 out of 5 birds from me! Definitely check this one out. It's not a book anyone will want to not read. It's to good!



~~Thanks to Michelle Madow for providing me with a copy of this book!~~





1 comment:

  1. A lot of people do seem to love this one. I remember starting to read it a few months back but I never finished it. I'm not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the relationship between Lizzie and Drew. I believe I just wasn't feeling it. Glad you loved this one though! Regardless, I thought it was a cute story.

    ReplyDelete