Dec 31, 2012

Reading Challenges

I know I've been pretty MIA lately on the blog but things will get back to normal by the end of January. I'd say sooner but finals will be coming up soon and that needs to come first before reading any good books. There should be plenty of reviews getting posted in the new year after that though! Today I'll be rounding up all my reading challenges of 2012 that I decided to do.  I didn't exactly read a 100 books like I intended but...there's always 2013 to do that right? :)




TBR Reading Challenge:

1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
2. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
3. The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
4. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
5. So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti
6. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
7. Last Breath by Rachel Caine
8. Desires of The Dead by Kimberly Derting
9. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony
10. Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols
11. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
12. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
13. Easy by Tammara Webber
14. Not That Kind Of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
15. The List by Siobhan Vivian

Not only did I complete my goal for this reading challenge but I went over 5 books! I loved this reading challenge since it pushed me to finally read books that have been sitting on my bookcase for far to long. I enjoyed every single one of these books that I read for this challenge. I think almost every one got 4 out 5 birds in my reviews!



 Re-Reading 2012 Challenge:

1. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
2.The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
3. Its Not Summer Without you by Jenny Han
4. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

5. In or Out by Claudia Gabel
6. Loves me, Loves me not by Claudia Gabel
7. Sweet and Vicious by Claudia Gabel
8. Friends close, Enemies closer by Claudia Gabel
9. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
11. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
12. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
13. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong 

I didn't read all the books in this challenge like I intended but for the ones that I did re-read those being the ones in bold I did enjoy getting to re-read. I wish I could have gotten to Sarah Dessen's books because her books are awesome and I love getting to read them all over again.


100 books read in 2012:

1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
2. The Lure of Shapinsay by Krista Holle
3. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
4. Its Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
5. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
6. In or Out by Claudia Gabel
7. Loves me, Loves me not by Claudia Gabel
8. A Place In This Life by Julie Duck
9. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
10. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
11. The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
12. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
13. Sweet and Vicious by Claudia Gabel
14. Friends Close, Enemies Closer by Claudia Gabel
15. So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti
16. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
17. Last Breath by Rachel Caine
18. The Immoral Rules by Julie Kagawa
19. Summer Of The Wolves by Lisa Williams Klin
20. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker
21. Dead Time by Anne Cassidy
22. Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
23. The Unquiet by Jeanine Garsee
24. Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart
25.Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony
26. Intangible by J. Meyers
27. Candid by Michelle Pennington
28. Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins
29. Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry
30. Flicker by Kaye Thronbrugh
31. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
32. Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols
33. Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
34. Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDainel
35. Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan
36. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass
37. Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
38. Defy The Stars by Stephanie Parent
39. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
40. Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
41. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
42. Scary School by Derek The Ghost
43. My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea C. Cameron
44. Fractured Soul by Rachel McClellan
45. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
46. Easy by Tammara Webber
47. Not That Kind Of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
48. The List by Siobhan Vivian
49. Vaempires: White Christmas by Thomas Winship
50. Vaempires Evolution by Thomas Winship
51. Remembrance by Michelle Madow


Yeah...this reading challenge I wasn't even close to hitting. But I'm gonna try again next year and read some great books! I enjoyed all of the books I've read this year. A lot have become some new favorites and I've come to find new authors who I really love. So even though I didn't quite make it on my goals I did get to read some great books. Hope everyone has a happy new year!

How did your reading challenges go? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. Except for the goodreads book reading challenge I don't participate in any others because I feel like I'd always fail them. LOL. I try so hard to stick to a schedule but it never works. Goodluck in whatever 2013 endeavors you take :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you made time for re-reading, I really want to do that with some of my faves but I never get around to it!

    Good luck with your finals :D

    ReplyDelete