Dec 20, 2012

Random Ramblings

Well, today isn't going to be a normal Random Ramblings post. Friday Chubbers had to be put to sleep. It's really hard losing a pet because they become such a big part of the family and he was such a great cat. He was such a sweetheart and just the definition of what someone would want. I honestly don't know what to say in this post, but since Chubbers was a Mascot I felt I should make this post. I also felt since I do have one last recent picture of him I would title it Random Ramblings so there is one last post like this featuring him in it.


I was reading Remembrance and happened to get up and he stole my spot...which he was famous for doing. He looked so cute I had to take a picture. Adorable right? I know we all will miss him a lot since he's been apart of my family for what seems like forever. Ness isn't sure what is going on. It's obvious its bothering him. As for Rue she didn't know him well enough to really miss him. But when we first got her she was all about snuggling up to him.


He wasn't to thrilled about her deciding to snuggle in his chub but they stayed like this for a good couple minutes before Lucky decided he was done snuggling with the newbie who already made it clear she was going to be boss of the house. She's a girl that's for sure.


Yep. Not exactly cheerful talking about a pet that passed. But it's a lot less sad than I thought it was going to be when I first sat down to type it up. I originally was going to post this on Sunday and keep it short but I just couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted to say. And now as I'm typing all these memories of him are flooding in and my fingers won't stop.


My mom was really hoping he'd make it until Christmas since it's his favorite--we all were. He was a trooper though and pulled through when we thought we were going to lose him a couple months ago. It's tough to because it's so close to Christmas and he won't be here. He loved to lay in the wrapping paper and just get all up in the Christmas cheer.


God, he was such a good cat. He was the kind of cat that dealt with crap that some cats would not tolerate. He's gone through me dressing him up as a kid, me coloring him with chalk. I honestly don't have any recollection of these events but my mom has told me about them and Lucky was just purring away as I made him all colorful. Which doesn't surprise me since he was just generally a happy cat. He dealt with my littler sister who liked to put crowns on him, plastic Easter eggs to turn him into a dinosaur.


 Look at that face? He  didn't have a care in the world. The cat was a trooper. He tolerated this rascal for goodness sakes.


That expression says it all. Why is this punk bothering me? Ness terrorized Lucky and now he's learned what that's like with Rue in the house. She likes to tackle the crap out of Ness. She's a tough  one. It's definitely weird not having him here. I'm just glad he made it as long as he did.

I'm gonna miss him. We all will. I mean how could you not miss a face like that? :(








2 comments:

  1. Bailey, my deepest condolences on the loss of your precious cat...sending big hugs your way as you mourn him.

    What great photos you posted of him, they really captured the wonderful cat he was :) He indeed was very special and easy to love, you and your family gave him a great life and you will never forget him.

    It's never easy losing a pet and my heart broke when I saw your post, but I'm glad he had a family to love him and give him a good life. Thank you for sharing your memories; rest in peace Chubbers. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bailey, I am so sorry that you've had to say goodbye to Chubs :(

    It's lovely that you have so many memories of him and that he had such a wonderful life with you and your family! That's a good thing to keep in mind, even though I know it's easier said than done.

    We had to say goodbye to one of the cats featured on our blog too, he was our family cat and I still visit my parents and expect to see his lovely little face.

    Sending you lots of hugs and well wishes
    Mands xox

    ReplyDelete