Nov 5, 2012

Easy

I'd heard so much praise for Easy by Tammara Webber that I knew I would have to read it. It wasn't a book I'd really known of before seeing it being featured on a number of blogs and everyone of them was raving about this book. Easy sounded really good and boy was it. I'm so glad I have finally read this book.

Summary from Goodreads:

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



Easy doesn't hesitate to dive into the story at hand. We meet Jacqueline and she's alone leaving a party she never even wanted to attend in the first place. By page two she's being assaulted. Quite an intense opening and it's one that keeps readers on the edge of their seat.

This book handles a really tough topic and the author does such a fantastic job of it. She never held back on the topic but she did so in a really tasteful manner. Her writing was so easy to fall into that you find yourself already half way through the book before you even know it.

Jacqueline the main character I really liked. Though some of her decisions I didn't agree with I could understand where she was coming from. Jacqueline through away her dreams to follow her boyfriend to college only to end up dumped with a cliche that made me want to deck Kennedy in the face. There was a lot I liked about Jacqueline from the fact she drove a truck and showed up all the boys who smirked when they found out she played bass. She was a tough character yet fragile at the same time. She had a lot of depth and different sides to her and I loved that about this character. 

Lucas. Boy, oh boy. Shaggy dark hair, lip ring, tattoos, cowboy boots AND he drives a motorcycle?  Not to mention he's the sweetest, kindest, most handsome protective guy ever. If I had to pick choclate or Lucas it would be a no brain-er. And I really like chocolate. ;) There is so much about him I love but it's better if you get to meet him first hand. Seriously, go buy this book!

Erin is amazing. The book was ten times better with her around. The things she said were priceless. She was my favorite character aside from Lucas of course. I would love to read a book from Erin's point of view. It would be hilariously awesome no doubt.

I loved this book through and through but one thing did bother me. When Lucas would push Jacqueline away an hour later they would be getting it on.  That bothered me a bit but then again these two characters did have a pretty intense relationship from the first time they met.

I was surprised by Lucas history. I never expected that. It broke my heart. It was such a sad and devastating thing. A lot of this book surprised me but one thing I did have figured out real quick which was the emails. Anyone who has read or is reading this book knows what I'm referring to.

Easy was a beautifully written and engaging book. I was invested in it's characters and the story from page one. I can not wait to read another book by Tammara Webber. Easy is getting 5 out of 5 birds from me! Anyone who loves a good read will fall in love with this book. I am becoming such a huge fan of New Adult and this one just makes me love the genre even more! Pick up a copy ASAP!









1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I love that you're so enthusiastic about this book. No lie, every review I've read has praised this book. Why on earth haven't I read it yet!!?? The e-book isn't that expensive either. I'm glad that Webber handles the tough situations carefully, shows great skill on the author's part.

    ReplyDelete