Oct 22, 2012

Fractured Soul

Ever since reading Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan I knew I wanted to read Fractured Soul and when I saw the author was offering review copies to bloggers I jumped on the chance. I'm so glad I did because I really love this series and with the way this book ended I can't even begin to try and guess what will be happening in Fractured Truth the third book in this awesome series.

Summary from Goodreads:

Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her new found friends and home, but the dark plot that is threatening Lucent Academy, a school that’s supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat. This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!


Fractured Soul takes place at Lucent Academy a school that is supposedly a place to keep Aura's safe from harms way.  But there are dark secrets within the walls of Lucent and the deeper Llona finds herself searching for answers the deeper her problems get.

Llona is a completely different character than from who we know in Fractured Light. There are some aspects to her that are the same, but a lot of Llona is different in this one. And there is a reason for this that I will not say.  After finishing Fractured Soul I'm pretty surprised with the direction this story has gone. I never expected any of this to happen. But even with that being said I'm really excited to see what direction the third book will go. Let me go back to Llona though. I'm not exactly sure how to tell you about Llona in this one without spoiling something. I will say this. Llona even though she is struggling with something that could change who she is completely I still love her as a character. Even more so than the first book. She's changed, but her change shows her strength and that she can survive something some couldn't live with.

I was crazy for Christian in Fractured Light and was so excited to get to read more about this character but I won't lie I found myself liking another character a little bit more. Rachel McClellan introduces someone new in this book and for the sake of not ruining his role in the book all I'm gonna say is I love this character. Everything about him I was intrigued by and loved. He was blunt and the interactions between him and Llona were priceless. The more I read I could feel myself wanting to read more of him even when Christian was around. Don't get me wrong I still love Christian. He's still the sweet, protective, caring, and amazing character from the first book. Even more so. He's Christian how could you not love him? But I really, really loved the introduction of this new character.

May, Llona's best friend, I loved even more in this book. She is such a good friend to Llona. She gets a much bigger role in this book than she did in the first. We finally get to see what May is capable of. How strong she can be. But the best thing about May is her loyalty and trust. Her and Llona have the kind of friendship where you don't question you just trust each other.

I think what I liked most about this book was the fact that everything that happened was unexpected. From start to finish things I didn't expect happened. From start to finish your thrust into this whirl wind of action and non stop thickening plot. But the one thing I can say I wasn't surprised by was the ending. Some of it was shocking yes, but the biggest thing that should have shocked me didn't. I'd just had this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as I read this book and I knew something was going to happen. Even though I wasn't surprised by how it ended I was a little shocked at the same time. Does that make sense? You know how you think something will happen and then when it does you're surprised you were right? That's how I felt about this ending. It left me wanting the third book in the series right away. There is no way you can read this book and not want the next book as soon as possible.

Fractured Soul is a book with a lot of unique qualities, filled with loveable characters, awesome villains, and a plot that keeps you hooked from page one. Anyone who loves a book with action, romance, twisty plots this is a book for you. I'm giving Fractured Soul 4 out of 5 birds. I'd recommend anyone try out this series. It truly is awesome and the way that Rachel McClellan writes captivates you easily.




  
~~Thank you Rachel McClellan for providing me with an ARC of this book!~~

1 comment:

  1. I didn't fully read your review word for word because I remember your review for Fractured Light and thinking that this sounds like a series I would enjoy. I'm glad you love book two though! Makes me very hopeful. :)

    ReplyDelete