Sep 29, 2012

My Favorite Mistake

My Favorite Mistake I came across when the author was offering ARC's for review to any bloggers who wanted to read her book. I went to her site and read the summary and sample chapter and instantly knew I wanted to read it. Let me just tell you that this book is one of my new favorites. I just loved everything about My Favorite Mistake!

 Summary from Goodreads:

 Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.


My Favorite Mistake opens with one of the best openers imaginable. "The first day I met Hunter Zaccadelli, I punched him in the face." Best opener ever! It had me intrigued and wanting to find out more instantly and the more I read the more my feelings towards this book grew. By feelings I mean that with each word I loved the book even more. The deeper you get into My Favorite Mistake the deeper you fall for the story and its characters. Hunter Zaccadelli specifically. Good luck not falling for Hunter Zaccadelli ladies. 

Taylor Cadwell is a very angry girl. She mets Hunter Zaccadelli and what does she do? She punches him the face and kicks him in the nuts. Of course from that moment on I was totally loving this character. Taylor doesn't need anyone taking care of her, she doesn't want anyone to take care of her. Taylor isn't the girl to fall for piercing blue eyes or a cocky smile like most girls would. She has a lot of walls built around her for reasons we don't know right away. I instantly liked Taylor and her narration. It was interesting being inside of her head. As your reading you know that something happened to Taylor to make her the way she is and I was so intrigued to learn just what it was that happened to make her so angry. Taylor definitely makes it high on my list of favorite characters. 

"All I'm asking you to do is not be an ass for..."I looked at the clock, "Less than eight hours. You can do it. I believe in you."

Hunter Zaccadelli is my new book boy crush. Hunter is a cocky a-hole. But a very sweet, funny, tender, loving, bad-a** kind of a-hole. The more you read My Favorite Mistake the more you see all the really good sides to Hunter. Behind that cocky grin and wise cracks is a really amazing guy. Just like Taylor Hunter has a secret of his own. Hunter has been and still is all I've been thinking about since I finished reading this book. Chelsea created just an amazing character--and not just Hunter all of her character were amazing but Hunter in particular really was just that one that made you grin constantly. I really loved the whole luck thing about him. I don't want to discuss to much about it but I loved that about Hunter. 

"Jesus, stop hitting me. Has anyone ever told you that you have an anger problem?"

Like I said above all the characters in this book were amazing. Each and every one of them was their own person and they all had different personality's. There wasn't one character who I didn't like. Well, I take that back. Their was one. But I'm not even going to mention who it was because it will ruin the book. But those who have read it know who it is. Tawny always made me laugh when she was around. Renee and Darah were both awesome. Megan was the perfect best friend. I could go on and on about all the characters but its best if you just met them all yourself. They all are fantastic and you kind of grow an attachment to them and their stories. 

I've been reading strictly YA for the longest time. This was my first New Adult book and I'm so glad I decided to read this one. I loved it so much and I'm definitely reading more New Adult books after My Favorite Mistake. It was the perfect book to read to bring me into the New Adult genre. Which I really loved the college setting it was refreshing to be out of the high school setting. I also really loved that this book takes place in Maine. Someplace I really want to visit someday. 

My Favorite Mistake is getting 5 out of 5 birds from me. I so badly want to give it more. I would give it ten birds if I could because it was that good. I fell in love with the story and plan to reread it the moment I have a spare moment. Chelsea C. Cameron is definitely an author's books to look out for! I'm reading more work from her for sure. I don't know what else to say other than get this book, fall in love with Hunter and proceed to reread all your favorite parts over and over. 



~~ Big thank you to Chelsea C. Cameron for providing me with an ARC of this book!~~


2 comments:

  1. I haven't ever heard of this but your amazing review has made me take notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tend to stray from Young Adult but this sounds like a really good New Adult novel. I've got so many books to read right now but I definitely will be checking this one out in the future if/when I decided to mix it up a bit. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete