Jul 12, 2012

Lonely Souls Blog Tour: Excerpt

Today I get to share with you guys an excerpt from a book called Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton. Make sure to check out AToMR's site to see the full blog tour schedule as there are many fantastic blogs participating with many cool posts.


The excerpt from Lonely Souls is very intriguing if I do say so myself. Kind of creepy to. But before I share the excerpt with you here is what the book is about.


Summary from Goodreads:

It’s two weeks before Triss turns 18, and her world is about to change into the most magical one imaginable as she readies herself to enter The Witch Avenue Order... that is until her mother’s disappearance. Instead of celebrating her transformation, she finds herself spreading rose petals into her mother’s empty grave.

When Logan, her best friend from junior high, moves back to town for college, he vows to help her find the answers she so desperately seeks surrounding her mother’s disappearance. As they begin uncovering clues, it becomes apparent that the life of white magic they both grew up loving is not what the majority practices, and their lives are in danger.

With a haunting feeling that her mother may still be alive, she begins to hear a call to the wilderness. Triss realizes that in order to find the answers she needs, she must learn the ways of her ancestors and become the hunter, not the hunted before it’s too late, and she becomes part of the lonely souls.


Excerpt from Lonely Souls:

The creature's mouth puckers, producing a shrill whistle that was bone shivering. It was shaking its head back and forth, running its fingers along the glass, briefly pausing to tap on it, I'm sure only to unnerve me. All it had to do was either shatter the glass or open the glass door. Against my better judgment, I actually hoped that this thing was some form of black magic, because then it might not have thinking capabilities, only task abilities. An oily trail was left on the glass in the wake of the being's finger.
The whistling stopped and then the scratchy voice began.
 "You have what I was sent for," the voice was grating and produced a sickening layer around me.

1 comment:

  1. *chills* Ohhh, this creature sounds uber-creepy. Before this tour I wasn't too sure about Lonely Souls. However, now that I'm reading all these reviews and excerpts I'm like "DUDE what the heck were you thinking?!" Lol.

    ReplyDelete