Jun 28, 2012

Random Ramblings #9

It's been a while since I've done a Random Ramblings post, which I guess I usually do that a lot now. But I figure if I did these a lot I'd bore people with my random thoughts. Anyways, so I've noticed that when people find out you don't eat meat they constantly ask you why you don't eat meat. Like almost every time its brought up. Along with the question where do you get your protein? It drives me a tad bit insane.

I've only been a vegetarian for about 6 months now. It will be one year in January. It's something I've always wanted to do and it wasn't until recently I finally decided to actually go through with it. I've always loved animals and didn't like knowing I was eating them, but it wasn't until I had to drive past this slaughter house quite a bit that I realized how much I wanted to stop eating meat. Meat was just flat out grossing me out anyways so it seemed like a good time to just stop eating it.

People always get this look on their face when they learn you don't eat meat. Almost as if you told them you don't wear shoes or you like to wear your clothes inside out. I don't get why they do that. It's not like its anything crazy. I just don't want to eat meat. Big deal. To sum up my feelings on when people get that look is something my best friend made me of something I said once while we were talking about this very thing. She may kill me for posting this, but it's to good not to share.



We've determined I need this on a tee-shirt. I love the expression on the girls face. It just fits how I feel perfectly when people give me that look and ask me why I don't eat meat. It's really not that strange being a veterinarian. People have not been eating meat for years, but people still just don't seem to comprehend it sometimes. Once you stop eating meat its not hard at all to keep at it. So if you've ever thought about it--try it! It won't hurt to just give it a shot. I personally like it. Sure its harder to get protein in than when I was eating meat and especially so since I'm allergic to peanut butter and all nuts but I think it's still worth a shot if you've ever wanted to try not eating meat. You might have to deal with that 'look' people give when they find out, but other than that I love being a vegetarian.

Okay, rant over. Just had to make a small post about this vegetarian thing. 

The last few times I've done these Random Ramblings post I haven't posted pictures of the Mascots. My camera has no batteries so I haven't been taking many pictures of the kitties. But I have some older pictures of them that I can share with you guys. 

Mascot #1: The Monster


Mascot #2-Chubbers

Okay so that's all I have to ramble about today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment