May 28, 2012

Intangible

I was beyond excited when J. Meyers asked me to review her book Intangible because it was one book I'd recently seen some great Teaser Tuesdays on and totally wanted to read. Intangible was far better than I ever thought it would be. It was a story that once you started you got sucked in instantly by the world and the characters J. Meyers created.

 Summary from Goodreads:

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.

Intangible is not a book that lacks suspense, mystery, romance or any of that other good stuff. The moment you start reading your sucked into a vision Luke is having. It's not a very pleasant vision, he's seeing his twin sister about to die. Through out Intangible Luke is struggling with trying to figure out how to change the future to make this vision not come true. The thing is Luke's visions always come true. Not once has he been wrong. There is a lot more to this book than just that though. There is so much stuff that you learn the more you read that-some you didn't expect others you saw coming-leads to a really outstanding lead for a second book.

Intangible is written in third person and is told from many different characters points of view. This surprised me since I thought it would mainly just be focused on Sera and Luke and just alternate between those two. But there are far more many points of view than just those two characters. At first this threw me off a bit, but then once I realized that all these points of view were perfect for this story I didn't even think about it anymore. Sera was my favorite on who's point of view I liked to read. Just everything about her was great. She was funny, strong willed, and wasn't one of those girls who sat around while the boys got there hands dirty. She fights for the people she cares about even if it means putting her life on the line. She's a really admirable character.

I also really liked when it was from Luke's or Jonas's point of view.  Luke is such a great character. In times of stress and chaos he some how fits in this one line that makes you crack up. He's also a lot like Sera when it comes to being admirable. He puts his life on the line in this one too. I loved that about these two siblings. They have such a great relationship and they'd give their lives for each other. For me I've always wanted a brother and I loved that J. Meyers made these two close siblings rather than two siblings who constantly were bickering.

Jonas I must admit at first I was just unsure about him. Because surely he was a bad guy. Right? Not even close. He turned out to be one of my favorite characters. The more Jonas showed up in Intangible the more I loved him. I wasn't all that surprised when we learned what Jonas was it was pretty obvious but I was surprised by the other kind of things that were in this book. There were a lot of different things in this book that I wasn't expecting. It was cool having all those unexpected things shock me. Fey I wasn't expecting I kind of thought she was something else. I don't want to say what everyone is because I don't want to ruin anything! But I will say that I knew there was more to Quinn than what was being revealed. There were hints about him though that you easily can catch on to if you pay attention.

They were so many great characters in this book. Might I just add that I'm not a big fan of third person point of view. I like it when I get to know characters completely and with third person you don't always get to know them the way you would with first person. But with Intangible I never once felt like I was missing any important things with the characters.

There is romance in this book, not anything overbearing but nothing to little either. I liked Marc I really did. But the more the book progressed the less I liked him. Honestly though Jonas had a big part in this. The more I liked Jonas the less I liked Marc. Because again, honestly, how can you not love Jonas?! He's Jonas! He's so sweet! I got a sense that in sequels to Intangible that there might be a love triangle developing. Also that there might be some romance between two other characters. Not gonna say who because you will just have to read to find out!

Intangible holds inside just the right amount of everything you'd want in a book. Though at times there were some predictable plot lines that didn't make the book less enjoyable because there were plenty of plot lines you never see coming. This book ended in a way that leaves you wanting more and I can't wait for book two and what adventure Luke and Sera will be on next. Just from that ending I know its gonna be one heck of a ride! Intangible is getting 4 out of 5 stars from me. It's definitely a fantastic read and anyone who loves venturing into a world full of people who can heal and see the future read this book! And even those who enjoy Contemporary books will enjoy this one. It's a book that anyone who loves to read definitely needs to get their hands on!



~~Thank you J. Meyers for providing me with a copy of Intangible!~~

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your review, Bailey! I completely agree with the whole POV thing. I mentioned it in my review, but it was best for the story. I love Luke and I adore Jonas too! Their POV, though fewer than Sera's were my favorite. AND YES YES YES, about Marc. I liked him and then he just made me want to pull my hair! LOL. I agree about Jonas. I loved him. He was my fav and I soooo want him and Sera together! xD I'm glad you loved this one, Bailey! I did too! Excellent review! I agree with everything you said and I felt the same way on many points you made!! <33

    ReplyDelete