Feb 2, 2012

Loves me, Loves me not

Loves me, Loves me not is the sequel to In or Out by Claudia Gabel. When I first picked up this book I read it before In or Out not knowing that it was actually the second book. It was pretty easy to read it though I didn't feel confused at all, which was good because then I don't know if I would have liked it as much as I did. So when I found out that it was the second book and not the first I just back tracked and picked up book one.

Summary from Goodreads:

It's war. Former best friends Marnie and Nola are no longer on speaking terms. But they've both got some serious boy drama going on.

I really loved this book the first time I read it, and still do like it. It was a series that was a stepping stone for me into loving Contemporary. I know I've stated I'm not much for books involving normal day to day high school drama but I really enjoyed this one despite that dislike. Marnie isn't the best friend that Nola grew up with anymore. She is now BFF's with Lizette Levin, she basically just tossed Nola aside like a used Kleenex. I will never understand the need for popularity so maybe that's why I relate more to Nola and dislike Marnie for her actions and personality. I will say though that I do like Marnie just a little bit better in this book, but not by much. Her constant need for the popularity just annoys me and come on is she seriously that blinded that she can't see how two faced Lizette is? I mean come on! The girl is a witch! Ugh.

Nola is still shy Nola, but she is defiantly changing. She finally starts to stand up for herself a bit in this book and I just want to pat her on the back for that. Myself being shy I can really understand Nola's character and that really is what kept me wanting to read. I wanted to find out where she would end up. 

Matt is by far my favorite aside from Nola and he is a very big reason why I loved this series so much. He's just so sweet!! Everything that comes out of his mouth is just so perfect! Though Matt needs to realize that he and Nola are meant together! He's totally into her he's just being stupid. Adorably stupid. Dane is just gag worthy. He is just so infuriating and gross. Marnie needs to get with the program and dumb his butt and go back to drooling over who used to be number one on her crush list. Just saying. 

There is a new character introduced into this book-Ian. I really like Ian. Though he seems to be a pain the butt to Nola he's really just looking out for her. Ian was a great new character to the story that I'm glad Claudia brought into the book. Riley-Matts girlfriend-made an appearance in this book. I liked Riley and I hated Riley. I liked her because she seemed like a good character. I hated her because she was Mat's girlfriend. It's a love hate kind of thing with Riley obviously but I think if she wasn't dating Matt I would like her a little bit more.


The whole book revolves around Marnie and Nola as they survive freshman year without each other to lean on as best friends. And even though that is the center of the story there is still so much other stuff mixed in. This is another really cute, fast read with some laugh out loud moments and I would totally recommend this book to anyone who was thinking about reading it. I'm giving Loves me, Loves me not 3.9 out of 5 stars from me! Defiantly check this one out and mark it as to-read on Goodreads!


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What do you mean by Repost? Like share the link to people so they know about the review? If so than yeah that would be awesome. :D But if you mean repost my actual review someplace that is a big no...

      Delete
  2. I ALSO READ THIS BOOK... And I actually have one, here with me... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like it? I really enjoyed this series. Hope you enjoyed it to!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED the first book, but i cant find He loves me,he loves me not ANYWHERE! its making me so maad.
    soo..yeah c:

    ReplyDelete