Jan 16, 2012

Where She Went

If I Stay was such an amazing read when I heard that there was going to be a sequel I was very excited! If I Stay was such a beautifully written book I just had to get my hands on this sequel and of course knowing that the book would be in Adam's point of view that was just more to look forward to. Finally after forever I bought this book and...I gotta say I had some mixed feelings about this one.

Summary from Goodreads:

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.


I'm trying to think of were to start for this review because I did have such mixed feelings about this book. I guess I should just start at the beginning. I found it hard to read this one it just wasn't keeping my attention. It wasn't that the book was terrible because it sure as heck was not terrible at all it was very good. I just found it hard to get engrossed into the story to the point that I didn't want to put it down like the beginning was just to slow for me. It took some adjusting getting used to everything beginning from Adam's point of view. I was excited at first knowing that it would be from his point of view but when I was reading it I wasn't so sure I liked beginning in his head like I thought I would.

Then things began to get better around page 100 or so and I finally started to like it better, but only a little bit. I'm really not sure why I wasn't into this one as much as If I Stay. So many people loved this book, but I just liked it and to be honest I think I would have been happier with If I Stay being a stand alone. I'll explain why. If I Stay was phenomenal to say the least and that ending stuck with me from the very moment I closed the book. What happened next? Who knows and I kind of liked that because that ending was brilliant and it left me always wondering. Most of the time I like to know what happens next and am always thrilled when a book I loved gets a companion, but for If I Stay I just don't know. I loved wondering what happened to Mia and Adam next, but I personally think that If I Stay should have stayed a stand alone.

But that was before now I totally disagree with what I first was thinking as I was reading this book. I got to chapter 14 and it finally started to hit me that I loved it from Adam's point of view it just took me a while to see that. I also really started to like it to the point that I needed to know what was going to happen to Mia and Adam and I could not put it down. The book may have started off were I just didn't think I would particularly like it, but then it finally started to get so amazing that I want to hug Gayle Forman for writing such amazing books that make me an emotional mess.

Where She Went is a really amazing book and it needed to be written. It wrapped everything up so nicely and I am so glad that she wrote this book in Adam's point of view because it really did make the book ten times better. I recommend that everyone reads this book and if you haven't read If I Stay yet you must and then you must read this one. Where She Went is getting 4.5 out of 5 stars from me. Even though I liked wondering what happened to Mia and Adam I am glad that I don't have to anymore because this book totally was just as beautifully written as If I Stay and that ending? Wow, I loved it so much!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you loved it<3 I just adore Adam. I wasn't feeling sad when it ended because the ending was so beautifully perfect. Awesome review Bailey :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jessirae I know! At first I wasn't sure but oh my goodness I loved it! Now this ending is going to stick in my mind for a while! Same happened with If I Stay. Yeah, I didn't feel sad when it ended either I was grinning! I loved the ending and thought Gayle wrapped up Adam and Mia's story so well. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete