Jan 26, 2012

We'll Always Have Summer

We'll Always Have Summer the very last book in The Summer I Turned Pretty series was a very anticipated book that I was excited about and sad about all at the same time. One I was excited because hello another book in series? Yesss! Sad because, well it was the very last book in the series and that was devastating. I love this series dearly and the fact it was ending was both a good and sad thing. We'll Always Have Summer wasn't what I expected but it was a great end to an amazing series.

 Summary from Goodreads:

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.



Belly is eighteen and now in college, she's happily dating Jeremiah the sweetest boy alive until he does something so stupid and screws everything up. I'm not going to lie, Jeremiah really disappointed me in this book. He lost lots of my respect and love for him for many reasons. He just wasn't the same Jeremiah I knew from the two previous books and that killed me. Like really killed me because I loved Jeremiah! But now, I just don't know. I still love him, but not in the same way. Belly is still the same awesome Belly and I like her even more in this book. I don't see how you can't like Belly. Everyone has grown up in this book and she goes by Isobel & Iz in this one and I liked that. I liked how I felt like I grew up with these characters. Taylor finally won me over in this one and the series just wouldn't the the same with out her in the books.

Conrad, oh Conrad. This book rocked a whole lot better than any of the others because we get glimpses into Conrad's head. <3333 Let me just say that Conrad is amazing. He's moody and broody and sweet and hot and just over all amazing. Seeing inside of Conrad's head has to be my favorite thing about this book, aside from its ending of course but I will get to that in a moment. These glimpses into Conrad's head-like the glimpses into Jeremiahs in Its Not Summer Without you-make you love this character more than ever and you finally really start to understand him for who he is. Needless to say Conrad is a boy that who is frustrating, but you can't help but fall in love with him. 

I think I always knew how this book would end. It was just destiny. I loved this ending. It was picture perfect. Reading this book I was an emotional mess. One because I'm so sad this is the last book in the series and two because I'm so happy about how Belly's story ended!! Also the letter written to Belly seriously made me emotional. It was just so sweet and sad all at once. This book defiantly makes you laugh, cry, smile, get angry all of the emotions in the world! 

We'll Always Have Summer is getting 5 out of 5 stars from me. It was just to of an amazing end to this series not to get that 5 out of 5 stars. Jenny Han writes the most beautiful stories and if you haven't read this series just do it all ready! You need to! This is a story that no one can miss out on. 


1 comment:

  1. You write very good reviews, do you by any chance have a goodreads account? Perhaps we could chat some time?
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete