Jan 21, 2012

The Summer I Turned Pretty

I first picked up The Summer I Turned Pretty because of its gorgeous cover and intriguing storyline. Who doesn't just love a book set in the summer at a beach house involving to cute brothers? I love these kinds of books and The Summer I Turned Pretty is one of my favorite's. And I'll be honest this three book series is one of my ultimate favorite contemporary series. Ever. Each book I read within one day because its literally impossible to put these books down.

Summary from Goodreads:

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.



I have never loved a contemporary series as much I have with this one. I remember counting down the days until I could get my hands on the next book and going out and buying it the day it came out. And its because the series is just so good! The first book came out back in 2010 and I just finished reading it a few moments ago and I gotta say I loved it even more this time around while reading it. Something tells me I will always love this series and will reread it many more times to come.

I love how this book was written it just flowed so nicely and basically pretty perfectly in my opinion. I love how one moment you were in the present the next you were getting a glimpse into 12 year old Belly's head. This made the book so much better. I couldn't imagine it with out getting glimpse into the past. It made me love Belly even more as a character.

Oh the characters. They are just so brilliant! Belly is just real and I loved that about this book and her as a character. It wouldn't be strange if you suddenly ran into Belly on the beach because see seriously seemed like a real person which made me enjoy the book even more. Conrad. Jeremiah. Oh my. How do you chose? I honestly love them both and their two completely different people. Conrad is guarded and moody. Jeremiah is open and always cracking jokes. I love them both equally. Though I will say after reading the last book I love one a little bit more than the other, but you will just have to wait and find out who that is when I review the very last book. 

Susannah. I loved her and really got choked up when certain things got revealed. To be honest there were quite a few moments in this book that I got choked up over. There was a scene between Jeremiah and Belly that made me tear up. Then there was a scene between Belly and Conrad towards the end of the book that made me cry. Anyone who has read this book should know the parts that I am talking about. The only characters in this book I didn't really care for were Cam and Taylor. Other than that I liked them all.

The way this book ended was just perfect. Jenny Han ended this book perfectly in that way that even though it was an ending that was perfect you totally want more! I don't know what else to say other than read this book! It's a story that you just can't miss out on and anyone who has read this series will say the same. Trust me.

And just because I think this is a pretty good fan-made movie trailer I figured I would share it with you all. And I pretty much love all who they chose for the cast expect maybe Max Theriot who doesn't look like Jeremiah to me. Also can I just say that I would be pretty darn thrilled if they made this book series into movies. Just throwing that out there. :)


The Summer I Turned Pretty is getting 5 stars out of 5 from me. It deserves it and nothing less. Read this book and trust me you will be at the bookstore buying the other two books because you just won't be able to wait. I know that I am anxiously waiting for another book by Jenny Han to come out. I swear this woman only writes brilliant books worth every 5 star out there. Make sure to check out all of Jenny Han's books on Goodreads if you haven't already!

4 comments:

  1. tnx 4 the review
    i so want tthis rad vids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but I don't think this book deserves the praise you're giving it...it's a book about a self- centered girl who spends her days dreaming about Conrad and Jerimiah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you feel that way. I personally think it does deserve the praise...but everyone has different opinions. I never once felt Belly was self-centered while reading. I really loved her as a character. It's to bad you didn't enjoy this book! Maybe if you gave it another shot you might like it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete