Jan 19, 2012

If I Stay

I honestly can't remember where I first heard of If I Stay but what I do remember is the first time I read it and how beautiful the story was and how it stuck to me like velcro. And still do this day that story about Mia has stuck with me and its been about three years now since I first read If I Stay.

Summary from Goodreads:

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces - to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time


"Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time." is no joke. You will read this book and when you read the ending it will stick in your mind forever. I know it did for me and I was always wondering. This book was so sad and yet beautiful at the same time. As I was reading it I remember loving it instantly how could you not? This book was just beautiful and I can't say that enough. You will have moments of laughter, crying, smiling, more crying, some more smiling. The book gives you glimpses into the past as Mia is dealing with watching her whole world completely fall apart around her and those glimpses really give this book a nice touch. It gives you those moments of smiling and laughing. 


Mia is really talented cellist who you instantly can like and she has this extremely hot boyfriend who is into rock n' roll. I loved that Gayle did this making them each into the totally different types of music yet there love for each other making them love the music that they probably never would have if not for meeting one another. I love classical music and the cello and the fact that this was such a big part of the big really made me enjoy it even more. Also I mean there's Adam who is ultimately the boyfriend every girl wants. You do not want to miss out on Adam Wilde. Trust me on this.


Mia's family is one of those family's that you instantly love. Its unavoidable. And the fact that something so terrible happens to them really was heartbreaking. I cried a lot while reading this book because it was so sad. Gayle wrote this amazing book that literally can screw with your emotions and I loved that because that's when you know your reading a good book.


If I Stay earns 5 out 5 stars from me because it is such a beautiful story. It's a book that you can not pass up reading. This is a must read that you need to go out and buy if you haven't already. If it's sitting on your shelf collecting dust just waiting to be read? Read it. You won't regret it. You will love this book so much that it will stick to you like velcro never leaving your mind.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around but never actually picked it up. I saw your review on the book that comes after this one, and it made me want to read this one a little. But now reading your review on this I feel like I definitely need to pick it up! Thanks for the great review!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Andrea Aww that's awesome! So glad that my review made you want to read the books! Hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review Bailey! I couldn't have said it better myself! If I Stay was sad but oh so beautiful! I loved Adam and Mia's relationship and how music just ties them together along with their love. This book made me cry so much. It was so tragic what happened to Mia's family!

    Thanks so much for this review Bailey! It reminded me of how much I missed Mia and Adam and it reminded me how much I loved this book too. You're right, Mia's story stayed with me for a long time too. I just needed the reminder <3 :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jessiare Thanks Jessirae! It really was! That's what made it soo good it was so sad yet at the same time so beautiful! Yeah, I cried a lot while reading this one! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my review I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete