Dec 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine were you spotlight a book that hasn't come out yet but you are dying to read. My Waiting on Wednesday pick this week is...

Above by Leah Bobet
Summary from Goodreads:

Matthew has loved Ariel from the moment he found her in the tunnels, her bee's wings falling away. They live in Safe, an underground refuge for those fleeing the city Above--like Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, and Jack Flash, who can shoot lightning from his fingers.

But one terrifying night, an old enemy invades Safe with an army of shadows, and only Matthew, Ariel, and a few friends escape Above. As Matthew unravels the mystery of Safe's history and the shadows' attack, he realizes he must find a way to remake his home--not just for himself, but for Ariel, who needs him more than ever before.


I was originally drawn towards this book because of the intriguing cover but then I read the description and I thought wow this book sounds really good. It sounds like a really good read and I can't wait to read it. I like the idea of an underground refuge and I can honestly say everything about the description above captivated me. From Whisper, who speaks to ghosts, to Jack Flash who can shoot lighting from his fingers. It all makes me want to read this book so badly! It kind of makes me think of the X-men movies which I adore. Above isn't to be released until April 1st of 2012. This is one of those books I would really love to get an ARC of I want to read it so bad.

Okay, so you know what book I am waiting for which book are you waiting on to come out? Let me know in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. this one looks amazing, and your background rocks!

    stop by my WOW? I've read the book, but lots of people are excited for it, so I also posted my review!! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lindsay It really does and thank you! Yep going to check out your WOW now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally going to put this as my choice this week as well!! It sounds absolutely amazing!! I am so excited to read it in the new year :) Fabulous choice for your weeks WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jacquelynne I totally agree it does sounds amazing! :D Thanks loved your pick this week as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think about X-Men until I read your comment and then when I think about it, you're right, and I love X-Men! Sounds awesome, great pick! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my most anticipated titles of 2012! I love that it's a Canadian author and that Toronto is on the cover!

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Andrea Yes love the X-men movies! Thanks and your welcome! :)

    @Christa Yes this one of mine too! I can't wait to get to read it. I had no idea that was Toronto on the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered this myself last night searching through the DAC list for 2012, and the fact that it looks like it takes place in my city (Toronto) is even more intriguing! I cannot wait to read this! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Gwenny Your welcome! Going to look at your WOW now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this book either. I've seen it a lot.

    ------
    Giselle @ booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover alone makes me want to read this! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!
    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete