Dec 24, 2011

The Vampire Stalker

I came across The Vampire Stalker on Amazon.com and I thought the cover was just drop dead gorgeous and I had to have it! After drooling over the cover I scrolled down and read what the book was about and drooled some more! Who doesn't want to read a book where the fictional boy from an amazing book series comes to life? I have wanted this to happen a countless number of times I mean who hasn't? Fictional Boys..man there too good. So when I finally got this book I was beyond ready to read it and I can honestly say I was hooked merely by the first paragraph.

Summary from Goodreads:

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.


I loved how right off the bat I could totally relate to the main character Amy and her best friends. The book starts off and their waiting in a line to get this highly anticipated book and I instantly thought yep that's me needing the book ASAP. And I loved that because sometimes it takes a few chapters to really relate to the main character but this just wasn't the case with The Vampire Stalker. It just happened admittedly. I also really liked Katie and Lucia really fast too which again doesn't always happen. Sometimes the best friends in books can be totally awesome and other times not so much. This book defiantly had the awesome best friends who often had me chuckling.

Speaking of characters,  Alexander Banks oh my word. He has stole my heart.



Henry Cavill is who I pictured as Alexander as I read the book. Just make his hair a little longer and make him look a little younger and BAM you've got Alexander Banks! :) Better get cracking on making this movie before Henry Cavill becomes to old to play Alexander. (Note-I have no idea if there is a movie or ever will be a movie I am just stating that Henry Cavill is the perfect Alexander in my mind...and that I want a movie.) There are many reasons why I love Alexander Banks. One, he's smokin hot. Two, he's the most gallant dude ever and speaks in a way that steals your heart from the very moment he enters the book. Need I say more? Read this book and you will understand why Alexander Banks has stolen my heart. 

I've never done this in any of my reviews before but I gotta share two of my favorite quotes from Alexander they made me laugh when I read them and made sure to write down the page numbers for this review.
 
He put them on and walked a few steps. "These won't do at all. They feel as though I am walking on marsh mellows. Thank you, Amy, but my boots will do just fine."

"Did you kick their butts?"
He frowned. "The buttocks are among the least sensitive places to hit someone."
I laughed. "Its a figure of speech."
"To kick butts. Interesting."

I want to honestly say that I loved everything about this book from the world, the characters, the villain, the atmosphere, the ending what a great ending! I don't have one complaint about this book. Allison Van Diepen's writing captivated me from the very first page and her writing just flowed as naturally as water. This book is just what I needed to read and I honestly wish it hadn't ended. I am giving The Vampire Stalker 5 out of 5 stars because it was amazing! Get your butt to the bookstore if you haven't read this book yet because your totally missing out on a really great story and a hunk named Alexander Banks.


1 comment:

  1. Amazingggg!!!!!!! novel... i am so in love with Alex!!! please come to canada for reall!! :P

    ReplyDelete