Dec 27, 2011

Top 10 Covers of 2011

Today will be all about my top ten covers from 2011. I for one am a cover nerd so choosing just ten covers was pretty hard, but here they are..

10. Between by Jessica Warman



9. After Obsession by Carries Jones



8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater



7. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick



6. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting




5. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong



4. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder


3. Exile by Anne Osterlund



2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake


1. The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen




I love all of these covers for so many different reasons. Between is just indescribable staring at it I kind of feel like I am upside down like the girl on the cover. Its just really a stunning and really well designed cover. After Obsession is dark and gorgeous. I love how the black dress is flowing down and the farther you get its turning into what looks like ink. The font for the title fits it really well too. The Scorpio Races I was originally torn about but after looking at it more closely I love it. Its great how you can see the reflection of the horse in the water and how its splashing under its hooves. Silence whats not to love about that cover? I have loved the Hush, Hush covers from the start and this one is just gorgeous and intriguing. 

The Pledge cover is stunning. The pale skin and blonde hair really look great against all the black and the girls expression really makes you wonder what she is supposed to be staring off at. The Gathering cover has been one of my favorites since I saw it. Its just gorgeous!! The Day Before cover has a really lovely color. I love how the grass is in the girls face and how her red hair against the green make her blue eyes pop. Exile is so pretty! I love the sky behind the girl and the key she is holding in her hand. I loved the first cover for this series and I love this one even more. Anna Dressed in Blood man that cover is so gorgeous and freaky but I absolutely LOVE it!!

The Vampire Stalker is by far the most gorgeous cover ever! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this one. It's just so eery and the girls hair looks so pretty against all the dark and smoky colors. Oh and not to mention the dude walking towards her is a cool touch to it too. Alexander Banks <3 I always have the hardest time explaining why I love something so much but this cover really explains why I love it all by itself!

So those are my top ten book covers of 2011. It was hard to pick just ten but I did it! What are your top ten covers of 2011? Are any of them the ones I listed above? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Silence too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pledge is a very cool cover.

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-of-2011-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your choices!!!!

    Danielle
    http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nea Yes! I think it might be my favorite out of the three in the series!

    @Kristna Agreed!

    @Roro Thanks!

    @Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete