Dec 29, 2011

Top 10 Characters in 2011

Today's post will be all about Top Ten Characters in 2011. I have chosen to do my top ten Heroines from 2011 books I have read. I will supply a picture and a quote for that certain heroine. Note the images I find will be from Google images and I take no create for making them. Most of the images will just be book covers but a few won't. Basically there just the images I feel represent the character well same with how I did it with the Book Boyfriends post. Here are my top ten Heroines from 2011.


10. Donna Underwood from The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney

“I don't think I believe in angels, that's all. And if you were one, that would mean I'd have to re-evaluate my beliefs. I'm not quite ready to do that.”-Donna Underwood

9. Zoey Redbird from Tempted by P.C Cast & Kristen Cast


“As your girlfriend, you've just p***** me off. As your High Priestess, you've just insulted me. And as someone with a working brain, you've made me wonder if you've lost every bit of your sense."-Zoey Redbird

8. Lissa Dragomir from Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead


“I just wish I could have all this and stand up to her a little. Rose would."-Lissa Dragomir

7. Eve Rosser from Bite Club by Rachel Caine


"He lives in a hole in the ground, dresses funny, and occasionally eats his assistants. Define crazy.”-Eve Rosser

6. Maya Delaney from The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

"No? Cool. Cause I've decided to skip the paw print. I'm thinking of a tramp stamp with flames that says 'Hot in Here.' No wait. Arrows. For directionally challenged guys”-Maya Delaney

5. Kaylee Cavanaugh from If I Die by Rachel Vincent

“That's because Tod never brings anything but death and bad advice,"-Kaylee Cavanaugh

4. Ellie Monroe from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

“I have a ninja sitting shotgun. Of course, I'm tense."-Ellie Monroe

3. Sydney Sage from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

"At least I take action. You? You let the world go by
without you. You have no spine. You don’t fight back."-Sydney Sage

2. Claire Danvers from Bite Club by Rachel Caine


“And before you ask, no, you're not driving, Myrnin. I remember the last time.You were the only one one the road, and the mailbox actually didn't leap out in front of you. No arguments. You sit in the back, too.”-Claire Danvers

1. Rose Hathaway from Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

“The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms."-Rose Hathaway


So there you have it! These are my top ten Heroines. I choose these ladies because they each represent being a Heroine in there own ways. Any of the Heroines I chose the ones you would have chosen? Let me know in the comments your top ten heroines.

9 comments:

  1. I love Lissa, Kaylee, and Rose! They kick major butt. Great pictures too. Love the post!
    My Top 10 Characters of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh my God, this is such a perfect list. I love several of the girls you picked, but in my post today I picked ie. Zoey as one of the most annoying characters. I like how different tastes can be and at the same time still be alike (Because Rose kicks butts and I have a major crush on her! Same goes for Lissa, Sydney and Kaylee - Although I chose Kay today, too.. *sigh*)

    All my best,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Havent read a Vincent, Mead or Caine book yet. I am working to remedy that in 2012. Armstrong's The Gathering is waiting in my TBR pile. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Rose, Lissa and Sydney all made your list!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choices! Rose and Claire and Sydney and Kaylee and...they're just all great!

    My top 10 characters

    ReplyDelete
  6. THREE of Richelle Mead's girls?

    I think I'm going to like you :D

    Awesome choices! I loved the inclusion of the quotes. For the characters I haven't yet read all about, it was so nice to get a glimpse into their character. Thanks!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh you picked some of the most fierce and awesome characters! Great list you have here! I definitely love Rose of VA :) I really don't know most of them aww :/

    Here' s my Top 10 Characters of 2011

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jennifer Lissa, Kaylee and Rose defiantly kick some butt. Thank you! :)

    @Patricia I agree Zooey can be quite annoying but I still think she is a good heroine.

    @Amy Oh my word! You must read some of there books. They are seriously talented authors! The Gathering was a really good book. I love Kelley Armstrongs books.

    @Roro I so recommend you read them! All great books!

    @Cait Of course they all made my list! :) All three of them are defiantly kick butt. Richelle Mead makes some really great characters.

    @Kate Thanks! :)

    @Sonia Of course! Richelle Mead writes some of the best heroines! Thanks! I thought the quotes would be a good touch to it glad you liked them!! :D

    @Jay Thank you! Of course! Rose is an amazing character! You should definitely check out all of their books. Morganville Vampires is an amazing series. So is Soul Screamers. Hope you get around to reading them!

    ReplyDelete