Nov 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Breaking The Spine which spotlights books that aren't out yet but we are dying to read. Stalking the little widget that counts down the days kind of dying to read. My Waiting  on Wednesday pick this week is...

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers


It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up.

As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, everyone’s motivations to survive begin to change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life–and death–inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?

I want to start of by saying I am not one that gets excited over Zombie books or movies but I gotta tell you the moment I heard of this one I wanted to read it. This is Not a Test comes out June 19th, 2012. I need this book now! Look at that cover! Read that description! Pout because its not out yet! Stalk that widget! Is there a widget for This is Not a Test? I don't think I have seen one anywhere. But you get my point, this is defiantly a Waiting On Wednesday pick. Courtney Summers may just be the author that gets me into Zombie books.

Whats your Waiting on Wednesday pick?

12 comments:

  1. I'm just recently warming up to zombie books (you can thank Dearly Departed for that) and I think this book sounds really interesting. It just sounds so creepy and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really interesting. I've heard it mentioned once or twice before. I hope this is the book that gets you into zombie books!

    Andrea
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christa Oh I want to read Dearly Departed! I almost forgot about that one. It really does sound exciting!

    @Andrea Maybe it will be! We shall see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks AWESOME!!!

    I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for TOUCHING THE SURFACE, by Kimberly Sabatini. Releases in 2012 from Simon Pulse! Come by and check it out and comment your thoughts!!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/wow-exclusive-cover-reveal-touching.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited fro this one as well It sounds just like my type of read!! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so not a fan of Zombie orientated movies or novels - i think the fact that something like a "zombie" virus could indeed be created in time scares the bejesus outta me lol. BUT THIS!! This book sounds awesome! I think I might actually pick a copy of this up once it is released! :) Great choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lindsay Just checked it out and it is a stunning cover!

    @Giselle I am so excited to! It will be different reading about Zombies thou lol. :D

    @Jacquelynne Exactly!! I am right there with you. But this does just sound to awesome to not read! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I have seen this on another blog before and it sounded so intriguing! I really want to read this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Mine is at http://rantsnscribbles.blogspot.com/2011/11/meme-waiting-on-wednesday-clockwork.html.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems to be a popular choice! :) I'm in love with this cover btw!
    Here's my WoW for this week.

    Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Gwenny No problem!

    @Vicky Same! The cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Chapter By Chapter Haha yes me too! :D

    ReplyDelete