Nov 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights books that aren't out yet but we are dying to read. This week my pick for Waiting on Wednesday is...

The Calling by Kelley Armstrong:


On the heels of the wildly popular The Gathering comes the second in the "Darkness Rising" YA trilogy from NYT bestselling author Kelley Armstrong.
 
Maya Delaney's paw-print birthmark is the mark of what she truly is--a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly everyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it's only a matter of time before she's able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents. 


Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they're kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home.


The Calling by Kelley Armstrong isn't to be released until April 10 2012. I can not wait for this book to come out. I fell in love with Kelley Armstrong's writing the moment I read the Darkest Powers series. The Darkness Rising series so far is just as good and the wait for book two is killing me! I will be one happy girl when April 10th comes around.

So you know what my Waiting on Wednesday pick is. What is yours? Share your reason behind your choice in the comments. I love hearing what you guys have to say! :)

On a completely different topic there is this giveaway on Word Spelunking everyone needs to go check out! There are some cool books plus swag being given away its international too! Oh and did I mention there are 3 winners? So you have a pretty good shot at winning!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one! I loved The Gathering and I'm dying to find out what happens next! Love Kelley Armstrong! Too bad its going to be a while before it comes out...Great WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh fantastic pic! I've loved everything of Kelley's and the ending of the Gathering has me dying for this one!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the previous Darkest Powers series! It's so good. Yet, this cover is very pretty! Great choice! Hope you enjoy once you've gotten a hands on. Thank you for sharing!!

    New follower.

    Sorry for the late visit.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I want to say its one of my top favorite series its so good! It is so pretty! I love The Gathering cover as well. Thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete