Oct 12, 2011

TBR Pile #1

There are so many books on my TBR pile list getting stranded on a deserted island with nothing but all these books would be the only solution to reading every single one, which doesn't sound to bad actually. :) That being said I have chosen a few books from my TBR pile that I have been dying to dive into.





Book # 1: Crave by Melinda Metz & Laura J. Burns 


Summary from Borders: Shay was born with a rare blood disorder, and her stepfather has devoted his medical career to finding a cure. When Shay is given a blood transfusion, she sees her stepfather's office through the eyes of a vampire.Shay has had a rare blood disorder since she was born. In fact, her mother married one of Shay's doctors, Martin, who left his world-renowned leukemia research to try and figure out exactly what the disorder is and how to cure it. 

When she turns seventeen, Martin begins to give her new blood transfusions that make her feel the strongest she has ever felt. But she also has odd visions where she sees through the eyes of a vampire. At first, she thinks she must be imagining the visions, but when she begins to see Martin's office in them, she knows she has to check it out. That's when she finds Gabriel, a sexy, teenaged vampire, imprisoned in Martin's office. The connection she has built with Gabriel compels her to set him free. But when he kidnaps her in an attempt at revenge on Martin, their lives become deeply intertwined. She doesn't know the half of it

Crave has been on my list for a long time. I honestly don't know what has taken me so long to read this one. The story sounds amazing! I am a sucker for vampire books that's for sure but this story just sounds so unique and just over all awesome. What first made me want to get this book was the cover. I mean seriously look at that cover! Its stunning! Those violet eyes are enough reason to grab this book and put it on display. And not to mention the beautiful vibrant sky behind the handsome guy.


I have heard so many good things about this book and its sequel Sacrifice which  oh my goodness speaking of amazing covers this cover is absolutely gorgeous!


Can NOT wait to read these two books!!


Book # 2: Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

Summary from Borders: Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a painfully shy but prodigiously gifted musician. She's about to find out she's also a cloverhand—one who can see faeries. Deirdre finds herself infatuated with a mysterious boy who enters her ordinary suburban life, seemingly out of thin air. Trouble is, the enigmatic and gorgeous Luke turns out to be a gallowglass—a soulless faerie assassin. An equally hunky—and equally dangerous—dark faerie soldier named Aodhan is also stalking Deirdre. 

Sworn enemies, Luke and Aodhan each have a deadly assignment from the Faerie Queen. Namely, kill Deirdre before her music captures the attention of the Fae and threatens the Queen's sovereignty. Caught in the crossfire with Deirdre is James, her wisecracking but loyal best friend. Deirdre had been wishing her life weren't so dull, but getting trapped in the middle of a centuries-old faerie war isn't exactly what she had in mind . . .

I ordered this book not to long ago from Amazon ready to read something by Maggie Stiefvater who I have heard nothing but awesome things about her books. I'm going to start with talking about the cover because I'm a cover nerd. I wasn't sure at first if I really liked this cover. It seemed a bit . . . boring. But then the book arrived and it wasn't boring any more. It seemed to pop! The clovers that are falling shimmer and appear to be actually falling and the sword just looks awesome. I love this cover!

Okay now on to the story. This books sounds really good! Who doesn't want to read a book were a Queen wants you dead and your torn between two guys one that just happens to be your assassin? I can't wait to read this one I have no doubt Maggie Stiefvater will blow my mind!




Book # 3: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Summary from Borders: In this first book of a thrilling trilogy about angels, one girl must choose between fulfilling her Purpose and following her heart.

I knew I would be reading this book the moment I read the back of the book. In the beginning there's a boy standing in the trees. He's around my age, in that space between child and man, maybe all of seventeen years old. I'm not sure how I know this. I can only see the back of his head, his dark hair curling damply against his neck. There's a strange orange light filling the eastern sky. There's the heavy smell of smoke. I take a step towards the boy and the ground crunches under my feet. He hears me. He starts to turn. One more second and i ill see his face. Tats wen the vision leaves me. I blink, and its gone. Yeah that right there is what captivated me.


The cover for this book is absolutely gorgeous. I love how dark it is and the trees behind the girl. I also really like how the letters seem to spread out as if they are never ending and the feather as if it were falling? Amazing!!

Book # 4: Firelight by Sophia Jordan

Summary from Borders: A hidden truth. Mortal enemies. Doomed love.

With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness forces her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is the gorgeous, elusive Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.

Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

Doomed love? Hidden truths? Mortal Enemies? Dragons? That is all I need to know! I have heard so much talk about this book. Not one thing about it was bad it was all good reviews leading to only one conclusion . . . this book is a must read.  And I have a feeling when I start this book I wont be able to come up for air it will be so good!





Where do I even begin with this cover? Its absolutely 100% stunning. I love the fire red hair and the scales that are forming around the girls eye. Her eye! It is so pretty! And the look on her face just screams read me! The second book in the series vanish is just as gorgeous. Can't even begin to imagine how beautiful the next books cover will be!



What are some of the books on your TBR list?

No comments:

Post a Comment