Oct 11, 2011

If I Die

Summary from Amazon: The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies. 

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.
But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything. 

I have been a fan of the Soul Screamers series from the beginning. I can still remember picking up My Soul To Take at Borders and loving it from the very first chapter. And when I finished My Soul To Take I knew I was hooked. This series has just gotten better and better with each book, which sometimes doesn't happen with a book series. If I Die is by far the best book out of the series. I can't even begin to describe how amazing this book is. It's just . . . WOW! Right from the start your pulled into this heart wrenching story! I had many moments were I teared up and many moments were I laughed out loud and also some moments of doing a little mental dance of joy.


Rachel Vincent does an amazing job twisting and turning plots to the point she leaves you guessing and thinking what else could she possibly do to Kaylee?! I also love how Rachel makes these characters seem so real. Each character has their own  flaws and they make mistakes which even thou this book is set in a world were reapers reap souls and Banshees wail you can relate to the characters. It has been a little more than a week since I have finished this book and still the story is in my head refusing to allow me to read anything else. That very last line!! Oh my goodness it made me grin and then frown as I realized the book was over! Before I Wake can not get here soon enough! 

Something else about this series just occurred to me. I always know the  guy in the series that I am rooting for and swooning over. This series seriously had me confused. Nash or Tod? Tod or Nash? Nash or Tod?? Around book three I knew who I was rooting for and secretly wising would pay me a visit. :) *Cough* Tod *Cough*  This book gets 5 out of 5 stars and deserves nothing less. If the stars went higher it would get the highest star! If you havent picked up If I Die yet or even the first Soul Screamers book what are you waiting for? Do it now! You wont be sorry. 

Apricot jam anyone? :)  
        


The Characters:

Kaylee has changed so much since My Soul To Take. She's turned into this awesome character that is impossible not to root for. She's brave and selfless; constantly putting her life on the line for people. Shes the definition of hardcore.

Nash oh Nash. There is so much to say about this guy...but how to put it without spoiling anything from the books. Nash disappointed me. I dislike him very much at some points in these books but other times I just feel sorry for him.

Tod is as swoon worthy as a reaper can get. He's sarcastic, blond and blue eyed and just over all dreamy. Enough said.

Emma amuses me from time to time through out the series. I cant imagine the books with out Emma shes the side kick best friend who is braver than you think.

Sabine. What to say about Sabine...I hated Sabine in the beginning. She annoyed me and I just wanted to slap her from time to time. But I actually kind of ...like her now. I don't know what happened but Sabine isn't at all as bad as I thought thou she isn't a saint that's for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment